Vydáno dne 24.01.2007Maturitní otázka na téma New York a Washington D.C.
It's the most populous city of the USA as well as the biggest port of the USA. There is the largest subway in the world there. By being the commercial, financial and cultural centre, it is situated on almost 50 islands. Sometimes it is called "The Big Apple".
- the Empire State Building
- the Statue of Liberty situated on the Liberty Island
- United Nation Complex
- the most widely known Central Park and the Brooklyn Bridge
It is the capital of the USA situated on the Potomac River. From the early beginning it was planned and built as the capital. That's why there are long and wide avenues, beautiful parks and gardens. The view is not spoiled by skyscrapers. It is the seat of the President.
- the Capitol Building, seat of the House of Representatives and the Senate
- the White House
- the Washington Monument, dedicated to the memory of the 1st American President
- the Mall, a long boulevard
- the Lincoln Memorial, built in honour of the 16th President; inside is the white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln sitting in a chair
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial, soldiers who were killed or missing in the Vietnam War
- the Arlington National Cemetery
- the Pentagon (the Department of Defence), largest office building in the world
- the Library of Congress, 90 million items and the Declaration of Independen
|New York a Washington D.C.||0||27546|
Copyright 2005–2013 Vitware s.r.o. ISSN 1803–8298