Help for English

English <---> Czech Exchange

Hi, I'm new here. I want to practice Czech. You want to practice English. So, let's arrange a schedule of sessions via Skype. Perhaps three days per week? English, then Czech, every other session, e.g.

Monday – English, Wednesday – Czech, Friday – English, Monday – Czech …

Is three too often? Perhaps twice a week, or once a week. My time zone is CDT (UTC-5 hours).

I was studying with a woman on maternity leave, but that's over, so she doesn't have to time to continue. My loss, your win 

Hello diversey,

It is nice to have an English native speaker here on HFE again. I was wondering if you could tell us more about yourself. For example, where you are from exactly, what your hobbies are, how long you have been learning Czech and what motivates you to learn it. I know that there are many Americans, Aussies, etc. who are of Czech origin or have Czech ancestors and they learn Czech language so as to understand their relatives. Is that your case too?

I'm from Chicago, which once had a sizable Czechoslovakian population on the south side of the city, in a neighborhood called the Pilsen District. At that time, there were three Czech-language daily newspapers published here. That wave of immigrants, which included my grandfather, gradually moved westward and out of the city In more recent times, there have been a couple smaller waves of Czech/Slovak immigrants, which have mostly integrated into other European communities, including Ukrainian Village, which is near where I live.

Still, it's difficult for me to find a native speaker; most have a thorough knowledge of English before they arrive here. I had a language exchange partner for about a year, although we gave English the priority since she needed it for her career, but I am mostly motivated by genealogical research, an interest which grew after a couple of trips to the Czech Republic. Sadly, none of my relatives have retained any knowledge of Czech. I created this Facebook page in order to find like-minded Chicagoans. When I'm not pre-occupied with learning Czech, I'm a software developer, and a hockey fan.

Hi, it's been over a week here, and I haven't gotten any response. Still, I will try hard to disrupt your posts, and teach you English! My offer is still open. If you are serious about improving your English, you know what to do.

Diversey, feel free to post to any section, help forum including. I believe that you will find someone for the language exchange in the end, because there are people here looking for an English native speaker for practising English, although not all of them visit this forum regularly.

What stage of Czech are you at? I mean, if you are a beginner or already intermediate..

I would like to meet an English native speaker for regular personal meetings but unfortunately, in our town there is no person like that. 

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od diversey vložený před 10 lety

Hi, I'm new here. I want to practice Czech. You want to practice English. So, let's arrange a schedule of sessions via Skype. Perhaps three days per week? English, then Czech, every other session, e.g.

Monday – English, Wednesday – Czech, Friday – English, Monday – Czech …

Is three too often? Perhaps twice a week, or once a week. My time zone is CDT (UTC-5 hours).

I was studying with a woman on maternity leave, but that's over, so she doesn't have to time to continue. My loss, your win 

Hello. I am interested. We could try it. You are in Europe time zone or still +5. More in my profyle. Thank you. Honza

Sorry…-5 hours.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Josef vložený před 10 lety

Diversey, feel free to post to any section, help forum including. I believe that you will find someone for the language exchange in the end, because there are people here looking for an English native speaker for practising English, although not all of them visit this forum regularly.

What stage of Czech are you at? I mean, if you are a beginner or already intermediate..

I would like to meet an English native speaker for regular personal meetings but unfortunately, in our town there is no person like that. 

I am the very definition of beginner

I can form short sentences. I have some basic vocabulary. I think the next step is basic grammar, and a general introduction to each of the cases.

Yes, the time zone difference is challenging! But, this is important to me, and I can be flexible.

Hi my name is Lucie. I m 26 years old. I am a beginner in English constant. I need help with vocabulary and continuous speech. I'm in the zone GMT +1 Czech Republic. Thanks for any offer 

Hello, my name is Dušan. I have got currently plenty of time thanks to the summer holidays and I don't really need to practise English so if you want, I could help you with Czech from time to time. I live in the Czech Republic so the timezone is GMT +1.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.