Help for English

Question Time with Kelly

Komentáře k článku: Question Time with Kelly

Great

Great article, Kelly. By the way, I almost died 'cos of laughing to your joke. Funny, very very funny :-D

„Not Hillary. I met her once, she had cold hands.“ What's that imply? :?

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Senad vložený před 16 lety

Great

Great article, Kelly. By the way, I almost died 'cos of laughing to your joke. Funny, very very funny :-D

Re: Great

Thank you! I heard that joke when I was at dinner with a few friends. We had gone to a Japanese restaurant in town (typical, right?), and when the cook found out that all the people at the table were language majors (I guess, technically, I count), he broke out with that. It took us until the punchline to realize it was a joke. When he got to the last question, I almost said „monoglot,“ but something told me to restrain myself… :D

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Pavel737 vložený před 16 lety

„Not Hillary. I met her once, she had cold hands.“ What's that imply? :?

Re:

Nothing really. I just didn't like her when I met her. Actually, there's this saying, „Cold hands, warm heart,“ which should make her having cold hands a good thing. She didn't feel warm (as in personable), though. She certainly looked warm, all smiles and manicures, but she felt distant. Eh.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Kelly vložený před 16 lety

Thank you! I heard that joke when I was at dinner with a few friends. We had gone to a Japanese restaurant in town (typical, right?), and when the cook found out that all the people at the table were language majors (I guess, technically, I count), he broke out with that. It took us until the punchline to realize it was a joke. When he got to the last question, I almost said „monoglot,“ but something told me to restrain myself… :D

Re: Re: Great

Not so much a joke as a real story, when my mom was working for the hospital she worked for most of my life, she came home one day and told us how her boss had walked into a meeting talking about the movie „Malcolm the Tenth,“ not knowing that the X in Malcolm X was not a Roman numeral.

I lost a lot of respect for him when I heard that. I still laughed, though. :)

Thanks for reply!
Otherwise, you like Japanese restaurant? :-)
Senad

Everyone loves Oprah ? that's not true is it ? I know there are many Americans who do not like her. Those who likes her are mostly women.
I have read about that on a discussion forum.

Great article and good opinions..nice to see that not everybody thinks that American way of life is the best all over the world.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Senad vložený před 16 lety

Thanks for reply!
Otherwise, you like Japanese restaurant? :-)
Senad

Re: Re: Re: Great

Yep! It's one of my favorites. :D

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od ppooler vložený před 16 lety

Everyone loves Oprah ? that's not true is it ? I know there are many Americans who do not like her. Those who likes her are mostly women.
I have read about that on a discussion forum.

Re:

I guess what I meant was that, if, hypothetically, she were elected queen of the US tomorrow, people wouldn't have a problem with HER because they know she's a good person. People may not like her show, but it's hard to dislike someone who gives away free cars.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Luciiik vložený před 16 lety

Great article and good opinions..nice to see that not everybody thinks that American way of life is the best all over the world.

Re:

Thank you. If you met my friends, you'd know that there are quite a few people who don't think that. My last two roommates and I can't wait to get out, even if only for a little bit.

Within the academic circle, patriotism isn't taken quite a seriously as it is elsewhere.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great

And what (more specifically) is your favourie food? :-D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great

Sushi, any kind really. I love eel. That sort of thing.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Luciiik vložený před 16 lety

Re:

I agree. When I saw a part of this article for the first time, I though I didn't need to read an article about some american who is like that. At the end, I read this article and found out he wasn't like that. He has my respect. I like reasonable people.

super

pokročilejší se namlsali, co takhle zas začátečníci, je to fajn, zakládám si, ale myslím že by neškodil český překlad, pak jen uvažuji, jak to vlastně je. A že jsem pečlivá, myslím, že Gaijin píše hezky. Ale PROČ vše anglicky: JÁ CHCI TAKÉ VĚDĚT CO JE NOVÉHO A cHCI TOMU ROZUMĚT.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.