New York City
It's really difficult (if not impossible) to describe New York in a few sentences. I spent there 3 weeks this summer and let's just say that it was GREAT. If you want to know more, read my report on this link.
1) Everything is BIG in New York City (N.Y.C.). Skyscrapers are one of the symbols of NeW York City. They say there are almost 800 buildings higher than 100 metres in N.Y.C.
2) Everything is RADIATING and vibrant in "the City that doesn't sleep". A night walk through the Brooklyn Bridge enabled me to take this picture with a view at Lower Manhattan.
3) Everything is GLAMOROUS in N.Y.C. Take for example this limo. Whoever was getting in must have been filthy rich.
4) Everything is HOT in N.Y.C. Ninety-nine degrees of Fahrenheit is about 37 degrees of Centigrade.
5) Everyone is SAFE in N.Y.C. There are literally thousands of police officers in the streets. Not all of them are so heavy-armed, though.
6) Everything is FAST in Big Apple. "An apple a day keeps a doctor away", my foot. Typical Americans eat FAST food. It's one of their habits. I wanted to feel like an American for a while, but after having eaten this Chilli burger I felt kind of sick.
7) Everything is EXPENSIVE in N.Y.C. Place: New York Yankees Stadium, Queens; Occasion: baseball match New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers; Item: Light Bud (beer); Price: 8,5 dollars - NO, thank you. Grab your Bud and go away.
8) Everything is WILD in N.Y.C. Model of this furious T-Rex was placed on the second floor of the world's biggest TOY Store at Times Square. There was also gigantic carousel inside the building.
9) Everything is SWEET in the U.S.A. Well, everything was sweet at least in this sweetshop at the Chelsea Market. Right place for those with a sweet tooth.
10) Everything is MULTICULTURAL in N.Y.C. This poor arabic girl has to stay covered in her burka even when it's scorching hot outside.
11) Everything is SMALL in N.Y.C. when watched from the 63rd floor of the Empire State Building. In this picture you can see the shadow of the famous building way down below.
12) Every official taxi is YELLOW in N.Y.C. This particular snapshot was taken at Times Square. On the left side you can see a banner of BUBBA GUMP Shrimp Company. Does the name ring a bell to you? Have you seen Forrest Gump?
13) Everything is MIXED TOGETHER in N.Y.C - nationalities, culture or architecture. Here you can see famous St. Patric's Cathedral on Fifth Avenue. Behind it mounts a modern skyscraper. What a contrast.
14) Everything is Chinese in China Town (Manhattan, N.Y.C), even McDonald's.
15) Lots of things is WEIRD or at least unusual in N.Y.C. For instance; have you ever seen an organic red banana? Now I regret not buying a bunch to taste it.
If you want to see some more pictures of N.Y.C. go to my profile and find the link to my Facebook page.
Or here is the direct link: