Vydáno dne 04.11.2006
Cvičný test cambridgeské zkoušky FCE zaměřený na gramatiku a slovní zásobu, část 3. Za úkol zde budete mít přepsat věty s pomocí daného slova, aniž byste změnili význam věty.
1. My daughter regrets spending all her savings on that car.
My daughter wishes ___________________________(1) all her savings on that car.
2. They are extending this motorway by 100 kilometres.
This motorway ___________________________(2) 100 kilometres.
3. It was a mistake for the company to install the new computer system.
The company ___________________________(3) the new computer system.
4. We mended the roof to prevent the birds from making nests in it.
We mended the roof ___________________________(4) not make nests in it.
5. I'm afraid I don't have time to go shopping this morning.
I'm afraid ___________________________(5) to go shopping this morning.
6. Matthew can't be sure that Alex will help him if something goes wrong.
Matthew can't ___________________________(6) him if something goes wrong.
7. By the time we arrived at the theatre, nearly all the seats had been taken.
There ___________________________(7) left by the time we arrived at the theatre.
8. Pauline isn't trying to solve her financial problems at all.
Pauline is ___________________________(8) solve her financial problems.
9. I'd rather you made less noise – I'm trying to get some work done.
Would ___________________________(9) much noise – I'm trying to get some work done.
10. I shouldn't bother to clean the windows today because it's going to rain.
It ___________________________(10) the windows today because it's going to rain.