World War I Trivia
Vydáno dne 03.09.2014
Letos si připomínáme smutné sté výročí začátku první světové
války. Zkuste si, co o ní víte.
The First World War ________ .
- began in August 1914 and lasted until January 1918
- began in July 1914 and lasted until November 1918
- began in June 1914 and lasted until December 1917
- began in May 1914 and lasted until April 1919
The First World War (WWI) is also known as ________ .
- One World War
- the European War
- the Great War
- the Long War
The immediate trigger for the war was ________ .
- Austrian invasion of Russian Poland
- Germany's annexation of the Sudetenland
- the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria
- the Russian revolution
In WWI, the opponents were ________ .
- European vs. Non-European states
- monarchies vs. republics
- the Allied (Entente) Powers vs. the Central Powers
- the Allies vs. the Axis
In the battle of Ypres, in 1915, it was the first time that Germany had used ________
on a large scale on the Western Front.
- poison gas
Czechoslovak Legions are famous for their fighting on the ________ .
- Eastern Front
- Macedonian Front
- Ottoman Front
- Western Front
Probably the most important formal end of WWI was ________ .
- the armistice (ceasefire) with Germany signed on 11/11 1918 at 11:11
- the Munich Agreement
- the signing of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender on the battleship USS
Missouri in Tokyo Bay.
- the signing of the Treaty of Versailles.
The reparations (compensation) which ________ had to pay after WWI led to the collapse
of their economy, and, among other things, caused WWII.
- the Austrians
- the French
- the Germans
- the Italians
Czechoslovakia came into existence in October 1918 as one of the successor
states of ________ .
- the Austro-Hungarian Empire
- the German Empire
- the Russian Empire
- the Third Reich
After WWI, ________ created as guarantor of the peace settlement.
- the European Communities were
- the League of Nations was
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was
- The United Nations were
Přepis bublinkové nápovědy: