Help for English

Let's talk about your favorite furniture

Let's talk about your favorite furniture in English :)))

Ok, but that's not much of a game, is it? I think “Diskuze v angličtině” would be a better place for that…:):)

A piece of furniture I consider to be absolutely useful for me is my chest of drowers. The reason is the fact that I can store there so many different pieces of clothing in a higly organized way and no much space in my cramped yet cosy flat is taken up.

My favourite piece of furniture would have to be my secretaire. It's an old piece of furniture that my grandfather used to use almost all his life and loved it. Then, when he had to get rid of it, I decided to take it and restore it. It was pretty expensive but I don't regret it – it looks great and it's also practical. You can put so so many things in it and there is still room for more and it looks organised as well.......:):)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od AdrianaXXX vložený před 20 dny

A piece of furniture I consider to be absolutely useful for me is my chest of drowers. The reason is the fact that I can store there so many different pieces of clothing in a higly organized way and no much space in my cramped yet cosy flat is taken up.

Just a remark: a drower looks a bit like drowning – I'd prefer a drawer.
(Just kidding, I know it was a typo. ;-))

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Franta K. Barták vložený před 19 dny

Just a remark: a drower looks a bit like drowning – I'd prefer a drawer.
(Just kidding, I know it was a typo. ;-))

:-) Thank you for fixing my mistake. Unfortunatelly, it was not a typo. I am glad that there was just one. :-) I wrote it spontaneously without thinking as it is an excellent and effective possibility to exercise my English for my IELTS comming soon.

And what is your favourite item of furniture, Franta?

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od AdrianaXXX vložený před 18 dny

:-) Thank you for fixing my mistake. Unfortunatelly, it was not a typo. I am glad that there was just one. :-) I wrote it spontaneously without thinking as it is an excellent and effective possibility to exercise my English for my IELTS comming soon.

And what is your favourite item of furniture, Franta?

:D
A good large table with enough space for everything! :)

Note that AW is pronounced /ɔː/, whereas OW is // or /əʊ/. :)
There used to be two articles here about it but one is gone.
Výslovnost -AW-

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit nebo se můžete přihlásit účtem na Facebooku.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.