Help for English

What's your favorite movie?

Hello,

I love films Pulp fiction, Forrest Gump and The Beach. The Beach is the special one for me, because I like traveling and I would like to visit some exotic and desert island :-) And from Czech films I like Samotáři and Snowboarďáci – because I love snowboarding.

Is it possible to chat here about series too? My favourites are Red Dwarf, Black Adder, IT Crowd, My name is Earl, Futurama (when talking about Groening´s, I feel obliged to mention the Simpsons at least, not bad, but Futurama is even more imaginative). From the real films I have most recently enjoyed Idiocracy, Borat, Let´s go to prison, the director´s version of Termainator 2 and the Czech Kameňák. Splendid idea about the football match. :-)

I was watching Transformers last night and i was really suprised of effects in this film. Story line is a little crazy, you know America´s film. Considering I don´t like scifi so much it was cool. :-D

hello has anyone seen once with glen hansard nad marketa irglová recently, i´ve read and heard about them a lot recently, hansard is a prophet preaching through music the goodness and love into the world, irglová is his angel.

I love all the czech movies, but my fav is „Pelisky“. Once, I bought the DVD for my sister, who lives in Italy and we decided to watch it together with her hubby (with english subtitles for him). Since he didn't have any idea, what the comunism was, he fell asleep in few minutes. Me and my sister were laughing all the time!!! Okay, I have to admit, that czech dialogues with english subs can't get the right sense for the viewer.

And there's another show I'm stuck on.. It's ER.. I've watched it since its beginning in 1994. But few years ago, they stopped airing new episodes here and I was completely addicted. So what could I do? I started to search for some videos and episodes on internet in English. I found some great boards, where I could download it, I found some nice people there… But my biggest problem was with my English, I didn't understand any single word to my fav characters, I wasn't able to write any sentence which would give a sense…
I got used to American English in a while and kept on watching ER. In this time, I watch NBC online every Thursday (or early Friday morning to be correct :-))and my English got much more better, I recommend everybody to watch movies in English and without subtitles!!!

Hi…and what about one of those americans independent movies.For example:Chasing Amy,Love and 45.,GhostDog…Movie by Jim Jarmusch,David Lynch,Paul Veerhoven.Take them,watch them and receive some special kind of amusement! :shock:

I like all movies especially when I can watch them in their original versions.

By the way I like Tarantino's movies and really enjoy Michael Madson's voice. Sounds mostly like Moravec's.

I love desperate housewives and silent hill,hostel,saw.
I love hororr!! :-) :-D Bree Van De Kamp:)

Hello :-) Yesterday I saw INDIANA JONES and the Kingdom… H.Ford was quite good but i didn't like Cate Blanchet there and the plot is little strange too. I'll not add it into my list of fav movies. There are all LORD OF THE RINGS on the first place, further MUMMY and PIRATES. I love PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and STARDUST too.

I´m going to the film festival in Karlovy Vary. I´m looking forward. I like the atmosphere there. Maybe I will see Robert de Niro there :shock: I must take camera with :-) :shock: :-D

Loving Annabelle, I really won´t elaborate on that, if you have already seen it you understand if not, please don´t go look it up … :oops: Rebecca (1952, based on a novel by Daphne du Maurier) is also excellent. For Stargate fans I have a soft spot for the Stargate movies (at the moment all three of them) and A Dog´s breakfast (I almost laughed my head off :-D )

The last film I saw was Bathory and I can really recommend it because it is very nice and quite thrilling (except Polívka and Mádl-their roles do not fit to this movie) but my favourite film is Czech Pelíšky. Definitelly :-)

In my case let's say: COMEDIES & ROMANTIC MOVIES

What I especially like is :
American Pie 1–6
Road trip
Euro trip

& all Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell movies

And from love stories my favourites are:
A WALK TO REMEMBER
LOVE ACTUALLY
THE NOTEBOOK
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
LITTLE MANHATTAN
SWEET HOME ALABAMA ect… :-D

from time to time is nothing unusual to cry while watching these movies, especially me :-( :-)

I forgot to mention that in my movie collection there are about 200 movie titles, all of them in English language. I love to see movies in original. English is the most beautiful language. And watching movies in english is the best choice to improve your english. Beginnings are hard, and don't be ashamed watching the same movies over and over, until you understand them completely. In my case, 4–5 years ago, I had to watch the movie at least 20 times, and I was surprised that I always discover something new in the storyline of the movie :-D . See ya fellas

hello everybody.....i am new.....and my favourite movie???i do not know…but i really like czech movies e.x. Pelíšky… and 1., 2. American pie…and 1. 2. 3. Fast to Furious.....but i could continue…please be sorry for my english.....i am not so good…do you like Fast to furious???what do you expect of Fast to furious 4???and do you like American pie 3,4.....

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.