Help for English

Členy před názvy zastávek/stanic

Ahoj,

chtěl bych se zeptat, jaká z následujících možností je správná. Jde mi o slovosled, resp. o umístění slova „stop“, popř. „station“ a použití členu. Případně o velké písmeno, za předpokladu, že je v angličtině stop/station považováno za součást vlastního jména.

1. Get off at the stop Limuzská.
  2. Get off at stop Limuzská.
  3. Get off at the Limuzská stop.
  4. Get off at Limuzská stop.
  1. Get on at the station Můstek.
  2. Get on at station Můstek.
  3. Get on at the Můstek station.
  4. Get on at Můstek station.

Děkuji předem za případnou radu.

At the XYZ stop (for trams or buses).

10. U Kroka (…) How to get there: From the Old Town, you can take the tram (lines 2 and 17) from Staroměstská and get off at the Výtoň stop. (hellotickets)

With railways (overground or metro), it's at XYZ station (no article). If it's clear in the context that we're talking about railways (as below – „the yellow metro line“), you don't need to say „station“.

9. Staropramen (…) How to get there: the yellow metro line connects this part of the city with the Old Town. If you are staying in the centre, you can get on at Můstek and get off at Anděl. (hellotickets)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 12 dny

At the XYZ stop (for trams or buses).

10. U Kroka (…) How to get there: From the Old Town, you can take the tram (lines 2 and 17) from Staroměstská and get off at the Výtoň stop. (hellotickets)

With railways (overground or metro), it's at XYZ station (no article). If it's clear in the context that we're talking about railways (as below – „the yellow metro line“), you don't need to say „station“.

9. Staropramen (…) How to get there: the yellow metro line connects this part of the city with the Old Town. If you are staying in the centre, you can get on at Můstek and get off at Anděl. (hellotickets)

Díky moc, Dane.

Existuje nějaký důvod, proč se před názvy zastávek používá člen (at the Výtoň stop), zatímco před názvy stanic nikoliv (at Můstek station)?

Nevím, prostě tomu tak je. I don't know, that's just how it is.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 12 dny

Nevím, prostě tomu tak je. I don't know, that's just how it is.

Díky.

A ještě jeden související dotaz. Kdyby z kontextu bylo jasné, že se jedná o zastávku, hádám, že by bylo správně i „get off at Výtoň“ (takto bez „stop“ a členu určitého). Je to tak?

Well, it wouldn't be wrong, but I would still say „at the XYZ stop“ unless I was sure that the person I was speaking to knew where Výtoň was. If that person was a foreigner or tourist, they probably wouldn't know and they probably won't have seen a map showing where it is.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.