Help for English

Statnice or FCE

Hi, I'm new on this site and found it by accident while searching for FCE. I'd like to teach English so I am thinking about completing statnice or FCE. Could anyone tell me where I could find the pretest for the two and which one is harder but also excepted by the EU?

For those who took the two tests..what was on them?

Hi snowman… It depends if you need your English for job, and if you want to work only in Czech Republic or you want to go abroad. FCE, or Cambridge exams generally are known on all over the world. But if you want to teach English, better way for you is CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in english) or TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). Honestly, FCE is exam for upper-intermediate students and I'm not sure if it's enough for teaching.

Kadel, thank you for your info this is what I been trying to find online with little luck. Now where can I do this CPE or TESOL? I want to teach or possible be a tour guide here in Prague.

Honestly, I have no idea where u can find it in CR. I'm sure, it's possible, but I really don't know where. Try to Google it!. However, I think the best way is write this exam at language school, because they have special courses.
I suggest you EC English school. They do offer both exams. You can choose, which is the best for you…
http://www.ecenglish.com/Courses

Well I have both of them. FCE seems to me much easier then Státnice. I did not past Statnice for a first time, I had to come back after a year and do it again. Statnice is much harder I suppose as you have to be good in English and Czech too. Statnice is good if you wish to teach in a future in Czech. FCE is world wide know certificate which opens you the door in many countries. FCE is not valuable in Britain.

to bubaland01 With your last sentence you mean „Statnice is not valuable in Britain“ don't you?

Czech Statnice is not valuable in Britain, but I have also had a problem to get a job with FCE-as in Britain does not like this certificate either. You know FCE is not the same as A Lavel in Britain.

Hi, You can take exam (statnice) on every Statni jazykova skola, but you have to attend a class there at least one year I think. And You can take FCE on The British council that should be in every bigger city. For example: In Ostrava The British council is located in the Town library of Ostrava. Or most of language schools offer this exam – FCE, if you complete their courses.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.