Help for English

U vas

Chceme zaurgovat u vás pozdní dodávku zboží. We want to urge the delayed delivery AT YOU?

A ještě se chci zeptat,zda mohu zde použit INSIST misto URGE

Třeba tohle:
We are surprised that we have not yet received the goods. We hope that you'll settle the matter to our full satisfaction.
Podobné fráze jsou v každé Obchodní angličtině. (zkuste se podívat na uloz.to (obchodni anglictina), třeba tam najdete vhodnější věty)

aha , takže s tím URGE by to asi nebylo úplně vhodné. děkuji

(Za)urgovat: chase someone ↔ up on/over something, chase something ↔ up with someone

Chceme zaurgovat u vás pozdní dodávku zboží – we want to chase you up on/over the late delivery of the goods; we want to chase up the late delivery of the goods with you.

• I have to chase them up on my uniform, my pay, my holiday request, my days off. They get nothing done unless you keep chasing them up. (zdroj)
  • Message your buyer to let them know that you've shipped their item and supply them with a tracking number by tapping “Mark as shipped” on your sales receipt and entering the shipping details there. This will inform the buyer and there will be less need for them to chase you up on when to expect the delivery (zdroj)
  • Co mám udělat, pokud chci “zaurgovat” termín dodání materiálu? What should I do if I want to chase up a delivery date?
  • Můžu vědět, koho jste zkousel kontaktovat a urgovat ohledně opravy výtahu? Can I ask who you've tried to contact to chase up the lift repair?

Děkuji. Urge se tedy spíš používá jako zaurgovat, aby někdo něco udělal?

Vždy podle kontextu.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 6 lety

(Za)urgovat: chase someone ↔ up on/over something, chase something ↔ up with someone

Chceme zaurgovat u vás pozdní dodávku zboží – we want to chase you up on/over the late delivery of the goods; we want to chase up the late delivery of the goods with you.

• I have to chase them up on my uniform, my pay, my holiday request, my days off. They get nothing done unless you keep chasing them up. (zdroj)
  • Message your buyer to let them know that you've shipped their item and supply them with a tracking number by tapping “Mark as shipped” on your sales receipt and entering the shipping details there. This will inform the buyer and there will be less need for them to chase you up on when to expect the delivery (zdroj)
  • Co mám udělat, pokud chci “zaurgovat” termín dodání materiálu? What should I do if I want to chase up a delivery date?
  • Můžu vědět, koho jste zkousel kontaktovat a urgovat ohledně opravy výtahu? Can I ask who you've tried to contact to chase up the lift repair?

Dane, šlo by s frázovým slovesem “chase sb up” ve stejném významu místo předložek “on” a “over” také použít předložku “about” či “for”?

V Cambridgi jsem našel následující příkladovou větu: I must chase my flatmate up about those bills and see if she paid them.

A v Merriam-Websteru: His landlord had to chase him up for his rent.

Děkuji předem za odpověď.

Ano, chase someone up about something je v pořádku ve stejném významu. Chase someone up for something se používá, když mám od dotyčného něco dostat.

• Fred never remembers to pay me back when I lend him money. I always have to chase him up on / over / about / for it. (Ty peníze mám dostat.)
  • My friend said he would help me (to) paint my barn when he has a weekend free, but he still hasn't phoned me to say when. I'll have to chase him up on / over / about / for it. (Nemám nic od něho dostat.)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.