Help for English

Minuly čas prubehovy a pritomny

Dobrý den. Prosím chtěl bych opravit chyby. Dekuji moc předem. Respekt tomu kdo to upravuje

I and my family were coming home from holiday. We were going on motorway, but then the car was stopping and jerking. Dad pulled the car over on refuge stripe. Dad found the mistake,but he couldn't fix it by himself. Dad was trying to  call on tow truck, but we were waiting 20 minutes for connection with him. Dad gave it up. A sir walked around us, so dad asked him, if he knows some car-mechanic. He told us, that he knows one.
The sir called him and he came there. The Car-mechanic pulled the car over to his shop floor.We were waiting 5 hours. Then we took the car, paid money to him. Luckily, the car-mechanic was kind and the cost wasn't too high. Then we were going home.

1. My family and I
2. We were driving on a motorway, but then the car stopped and jerked
3. on the refuge stripe
4. Dad tried to call the tow truck, but we had to wait for 20 minutes before we could connect to it
5. A man / A guy walked past us (pokud prošel kolem) NEBO over to us (pokud přišel k vám)
6. …so dad asked him if he knew a car mechanic. He told us that he did.
7. The man / guy called him and he came over
8. Zase bych dal “We had to wait (for) 5 hours”
9. … and the price wasn't too high / so high
10. Then we went home

Pozor na stripe {= proužek, pruh (na oblečení apod.)} a strip. Refuge stripe. I've never seen “refuge strip” (in this sense) in any variety of English.

AmE: shoulder, BrE: hard shoulder. And see here.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 5 lety

Pozor na stripe {= proužek, pruh (na oblečení apod.)} a strip. Refuge stripe. I've never seen “refuge strip” (in this sense) in any variety of English.

AmE: shoulder, BrE: hard shoulder. And see here.

Nebo možná měl Vojech na mysli emergency refuge area.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.