Help for English

Bohužel jsem si toho všiml až teď.

Ahoj.
Můžete mi prosím poradit jak správně přeložit větu uvedenou níže?

Věta:
Bohužel jsem si toho všiml až teď.

Můj pokus:
Unfortunately I haven´t noticed it until now.

Kontext:
Včera jsem kamarádovi poslal email s chybnými printscreeny, právě jsem si toho všiml a posílám nový opravný email, ve kterém mu píši mimo jiné, že jsem si toho všiml až nyní.

Nějak mi tam nesedí ten předpřítomný čas, ale nevím proč.
Děkuji Vám za pomoc.

Větou v předpřítomném čase vždy sdělujeme něco s platností v přítomnosti, něco, co je tady a teď. (HFE)

Present perfect haven't noticed is used when the action that you haven't noticed (and therefore the “not noticing”) continues up to the time of speaking.

1. If you're going out, you'd [= you had] better take an umbrella because it's raining. Oh really? I haven't noticed.
  2. I'm a bit worried about Tom, he seems to have lost a lot of weight recently. Oh really? I haven't noticed.

Simple past didn't notice is used when the “not noticing” refers to something that is a completed event in the past. Sending your friend the faulty screenprints is a single action completed in the past, and when it happened, you didn't notice it.

• Unfortunately I didn't notice/realise it until (just) now (nevšímání si má platnost v minulosti)
  • Unfortunately it's just/only now that I've noticed/realised it (povšimnutí si se právě stalo – platnost v přítomnosti)
  • Unfortunately I've only just noticed/realised it now (povšimnutí si se právě stalo – platnost v přítomnosti)
Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 5 lety

Větou v předpřítomném čase vždy sdělujeme něco s platností v přítomnosti, něco, co je tady a teď. (HFE)

Present perfect haven't noticed is used when the action that you haven't noticed (and therefore the “not noticing”) continues up to the time of speaking.

1. If you're going out, you'd [= you had] better take an umbrella because it's raining. Oh really? I haven't noticed.
  2. I'm a bit worried about Tom, he seems to have lost a lot of weight recently. Oh really? I haven't noticed.

Simple past didn't notice is used when the “not noticing” refers to something that is a completed event in the past. Sending your friend the faulty screenprints is a single action completed in the past, and when it happened, you didn't notice it.

• Unfortunately I didn't notice/realise it until (just) now (nevšímání si má platnost v minulosti)
  • Unfortunately it's just/only now that I've noticed/realised it (povšimnutí si se právě stalo – platnost v přítomnosti)
  • Unfortunately I've only just noticed/realised it now (povšimnutí si se právě stalo – platnost v přítomnosti)

Moc Vám děkuji Dane za vysvětlení. Tedy do mého kontextu se prosím nejvíce hodí která ze 3. variant aby splňovala onen překlad “Bohužel jsem si toho všiml až teď” Předpokládám že je to varianta 2. a 3.?

Z těch posledních tří variant se hodí kterákoliv. Jak tušíte, 2. a 3. varianty vyjadřují větší údiv – hele …! Dalo by se říct, že 1. varianta působí uměřeněji, střízlivěji.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 5 lety

Z těch posledních tří variant se hodí kterákoliv. Jak tušíte, 2. a 3. varianty vyjadřují větší údiv – hele …! Dalo by se říct, že 1. varianta působí uměřeněji, střízlivěji.

Děkuji. A dal by se vůbec můj pokus o překlad “Unfortunately I haven´t noticed it until now.” použít v nějakém jiném kontextu nebo je to zcela chybně?

" … haven't noticed it until now" can be used in a situation where I've just noticed something that has been present or continuing for some time.

• There's a strange plant growing in my garden. I don't know what it is and I certainly didn't plant it. Perhaps it's [= it has] been there (for) several weeks, but I haven't noticed it until/till now. [The noticing has just happened.]
  • There's a strange plant growing in my garden. I don't know what it is and I certainly didn't plant it. Perhaps it's [= it has] been there (for) several weeks, but I didn't notice it until/till yesterday. [The noticing is seen as a completed action in the past. The noticing was completed yesterday.]
  • What's that black blob in the top right-hand corner of the Mona Lisa? I've looked at that picture hundreds of times but I haven't noticed it till/until now. [The noticing has just happened.]

" … haven't noticed it until now" can be used in a situation where I've just noticed something that has been present or continuing for some time.

This is exactly what applies to the OP's sentence, doesn't it?

until now = completed event in the past:-?

Díky moc za Váš čas Dane, teď už to je jasné. Díky, díky, díky :)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Boffin vložený před 5 lety

This is exactly what applies to the OP's sentence, doesn't it?

until now = completed event in the past:-?

Sending your friend the faulty screenprints is a single action completed in the past, and when it happened, you didn't notice it.

Sending the faulty screenprints (completed action in the past), and the action of not noticing they were faulty when he sent them (completed action in the past) is not a situation that is continuing into the present. Now he's [= he has] just checked and has (now) noticed they were faulty.

In the strange plant and Mona Lisa examples, the plant has continued to grow and the blob was there every time he looked at the picture. In both cases the noticing has just happened, it's in the present, so present perfect.

Tak mně to teda moc jasné není. :-?

the action of not noticing they were faulty when he sent them (completed action in the past)

Ta věta ale neříká, že si toho nevšimnul, když to posílal, ale, že si toho od té doby až doteď nevšimnul (teď si právě všimnul).

“I didn't notice it when I sent them.” (the “not noticing” happened when he was sending the email – completed action in the past) – that's clear to me
“I haven't noticed it until now.” = (the “not noticing” has been going on from the time he sent the email until now, the action (the “not noticing”) was not completed in the past, but right now in the present)

I really don't see a difference between this sentence and the sentence with Mona Lisa when it comes to the time the “not noticing” refers to. I have always thought the past tense with “until now”, “yet”, “so far” etc. was only possible in AmE.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Boffin vložený před 5 lety

Tak mně to teda moc jasné není. :-?

the action of not noticing they were faulty when he sent them (completed action in the past)

Ta věta ale neříká, že si toho nevšimnul, když to posílal, ale, že si toho od té doby až doteď nevšimnul (teď si právě všimnul).

“I didn't notice it when I sent them.” (the “not noticing” happened when he was sending the email – completed action in the past) – that's clear to me
“I haven't noticed it until now.” = (the “not noticing” has been going on from the time he sent the email until now, the action (the “not noticing”) was not completed in the past, but right now in the present)

I really don't see a difference between this sentence and the sentence with Mona Lisa when it comes to the time the “not noticing” refers to. I have always thought the past tense with “until now”, “yet”, “so far” etc. was only possible in AmE.

Ale jak Dan pise – ta akce, ktere si mohl vsimnout ci nevsimnout, by musela dal probihat, coz se nedeje. Obrazky poslal v minulosti, jednorazove a vsiml si az pri kontrole. Podle me present perfect by byl spravme treba v pripade, ze by ten prenos souboru trval dlouho a behem teto doby (kdy si stale lze vsimnout) si vsiml.

IMHO, I haven't noticed it until now is the only choice here as Boffin suggests.

Vůbec nechápu, proč zde v Pavlově větě, uvažovat o past perfect, jak píše Klotyl.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od swimmer vložený před 5 lety

IMHO, I haven't noticed it until now is the only choice here as Boffin suggests.

Vůbec nechápu, proč zde v Pavlově větě, uvažovat o past perfect, jak píše Klotyl.

Past perfect byl překlep. Každopádně správně je tady past simple, jak psal Dan. Nemůžete si do teď nevšimnout něčeho, co proběhlo v minulosti a už neprobíhá..jsk Dan ukázal i na příkladech. S present perfect jen tehdy, když to něco stále probíhá/platí. Jiný rodilec to vidí stejně, tedy že v tomhle případě prostě present perfect nepoužije, ze stejného důvodu – nemohl si do teď nevšimnout něčeho, co proběhlo v minulosti. Mohl si všimnout tenkrát či těsně po tom, nebo až někdy při kontrole. Ale nemohl si “nevšímat” celou dobu, když to už neprobíhá.

Takže jestli to chápu dobře.

1. Všiml jsem si toho až teď, že jsi tady už nějakou dobu.
  2. Všiml jsem si toho až teď , že odešla.
  1. I haven't noticed until now that you have been here for a while.
  2. I didn't notice until now that she left.
Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od swimmer vložený před 5 lety

Takže jestli to chápu dobře.

1. Všiml jsem si toho až teď, že jsi tady už nějakou dobu.
  2. Všiml jsem si toho až teď , že odešla.
  1. I haven't noticed until now that you have been here for a while.
  2. I didn't notice until now that she left.

viděl bych to stejně

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.