Help for English

Překlad názvu bakalářské práce

Dobrý den, potřeboval bych přeložit do angličtiny název své bakalářské práce. Můžete mi prosím pomoct? Název česky: Uplatnění absolventů středních škol a vyšších odborných škol v Královéhradeckém kraji. Já to mám zatím takto: Higher Education and Secondary school graduates on the Labour Market of region Hradec Králové. Předem mnohokrát děkuji.

Hi Suferame, your version is not bad at all. “On the labour market” is a good way of rendering “uplatnění” – better than an abstract noun. However, there's one problem in understanding the “nadčasové” [time-indefinite] word “uplatnění” here: I don't know (without reading the piece) if you're talking about what kind of jobs these graduates have already found in the past, or what kind of jobs are (or might be) available to them in the future. I'd suggest:

• Employment Outcomes for Higher Education and Secondary School graduates in Hradec Králové Region, což pojednává o tom, jaká (už) našli uplatnění, nebo
  • Employment Prospects for Higher Education and Secondary School graduates in Hradec Králové Region, čili jaké mají možnosti, jaké mají perspektivy, jaká by mohli najít uplatnění/uplat­ňování do budoucna.

DesperateDan's sug­gestion sounds really good to me.

I would just add the: “in the Hradec Králové Region”

Thanks a lot for your help. I think i will go with* Employment Outcomes for Higher Education and Secondary School graduates in the Hradec Králové Region* Which is most suitable for this type of thesis. And once again thanks for helping me out i really appreciate it.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.