Help for English

as he did with my life

God will change even your life as he did with my life. Nejsem si jistá, jestli po slovese did má být předložka with nebo ne. Did totiž zastupuje sloveso change a říká se to change a life, bez with.

1. God will change even your life as he did my life
  2. God will change even your life as he did with my life
  3. God will change your life (too), just as he did mine.

Strictly speaking, 1 (without „with“) is correct as „your life“ and „my life“ are the direct objects of „change“, so you don't need „with“.

2, however, is perfectly acceptable, particularly in conversational style, and doesn't grate on the ear or sound „wrong“, just less formal. We understand (literally) „stejně tak, jak to udělal co se týče mého života“ so the intended meaning is clear.

3. „Even“ sounds a bit clumsy here, and there's no need to repeat „my life“, so the most idiomatic and natural-sounding version here is 3.

Are you looking for a purpose beyond the superficial, meaningless wants of this culture? Then I suggest looking into Jesus with an open mind. He can change your life, just as He did mine. (frankscottage)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.