Science and Technology
Přečtěte si následující otázky a zkuste na ně nahlas odpovědět. Snažte se, aby odpověď byla co nejdelší, i když by se na ni dalo pravděpodobně odpovědět i velice stroze, např. ano/ne.
Tip: Zkuste své odpovědi nahrát a následně si je poslechnout. Sami si možná uvědomíte, jaké jste udělali chyby, jaká slova byste mohli použít jinak, apod. Více o metodě ‘sebenahrávání’ naleznete v článku Self-recording, nahrávání sebe sama
- How would you characterize the age in which you live?
- Can you name any inventions that changed people's lives? How did they change them?
- Do you know any famous inventors? What did they invent?
- Is there any type of modern technology that you can't imagine living without?
- Can you imagine living without the civilization (e.g. on a desert island)? What would you miss the most?
- What three things would you take with you if you were to spend two weeks alone on a desert island?
- Do you understand the machines you use every day (TV, radio, car etc.)? Can you repair them if you need to?
- Are there any negative effects of technological development?
- What fields of science do you know? What do they study?
- Is studying sciences interesting for you?
- Do you know any famous scientists?
Science and ethics
- What is cloning?
- Why do so many people disagree with it?
- What do you think of genetic engineering?
- Do you think that science should enable parents to choose the sex of their baby, for example?
- What do you think of testing on animals?
- What do you think of brilliant scientists who discovered something very dangerous (e.g. the atomic bomb etc.)?
- What do you think the future will be like? How will people live in 100 years?
- How do you think science will develop in the future? What things will be invented or discovered?
- Do you like science fiction? Why, or why not?
- Can science fiction be a prediction of future?
- What's the best/worst sci-fi movie you've ever seen?
- Do you think people in the future will be able to spend their holiday in space? How would you feel about such a holiday now?
These are some common sci-fi themes. Are they realistic, How do / would they affect people's lives?
- Space travel
- Living on other planets
- Cloning people
- Growing replacement organs