Help for English

Just a thought

Hi,

many people here in HFE forum have asked the following quiestion:

„What is the most appropriate level of English for language studies at university in Czech Republic?“

The answer to this question was at all times pretty much the same: „B2 (or higher) would be ideally suited to university purposes. In most cases level B2 is required.“

On the other hand it is said that the final exam (so called „statnice“), in terms of levels of dificulty, has two forms:
basic = level B2; advanced = C1.

So now you probably know where I am getting at. After many
considerable years of studying at university, students are being examined on their language skills at level which was required from the very start.

Then apart from advanced version(C1), what would that be all about:?: It would be pointless. It's obvious to me that I'm missing some point, but all the facts I can think of suggest otherwise.

Well, you can say that again. I figure the basic level B2 is so low.

It should be definitely at least C1. I know what I am talking about. I am at a high school. I do not wanna blow my own horn. However, as for our teachers' speaking, I am at higher a level, it may be the same with writing. It's so pathetic.

And which scale are the Z's and V's on?

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.