Help for English

Dawkins delusion or pusuit of truth?

Hi everybody,
Have you ever read the book „God delusion“ or similar book? I think that the whole concept of how this world came into existence, why we are here, how we evolved etc. is fascinating.
So, I thought that it might be pretty interesting discussion. There are questions of free will, our moral values(where are they come from)etc. Was man created in God's image or it is God who was created in man's image? Personally, I think that Dawkins made some powerful arguments in order to raise our consciousness.

Hi Mato,

it reminds me of the more materialistic question when we wanna know „What came first, the chicken or the egg ?“ ..

:-)

I recommend you read Angels and Demons by D. Brown. At the end of the book there are captivating, catchy statements, discussions about the God supporting either notions.
I think ideas of a God comes from ignorance the stuff surrounding us. Children are a great example. In the beginning, when they know nothing, their notions of the world are garbled. Questions like Why does it rain? Why is one black and the other one white? sound so sweety, so not-knowingly. That's why the make up illusions, unreal things, boogie men and stuff. When growing up, they change the viewpoint of the world to more realistic one.

Therefore I also think most of the religions originated from ignorance, trying to help people understand. So far loads of rumors have been found made-up.
So I am one who worships something unreal.
However, I believe.

to jaja7958:
yes, something like that, which is never ending story. BTW if we wanted to get smart we could say that chicken is bird and birds evolved from dinosaurs, so in fact, the answer would be definitely „egg“.

to Battlefield:
Thanks for this recommendation, I will look at it. Since you started talking about ignorance I would like to encourage you to look it up on youtube „Judgment Day – Intelligent Design on Trial“. I was absolutely stunned what the USA citizens are capable of. Indeed, USA – the counry of unlimited posibilities
Another interesting discusion: look for „Q and A – Adventures in Democracy (Panel Includes Richard Dawkins)“ on youtube as well. I have slight feeling that you are going to enjoy it in particular(es­pecially Steven Fielding the Victorian Senator and the Federal parliamentary leader of the Family First Party in Australia). Let me know what you think of it.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.