Help for English

The Most Difficult

What do you find the most difficult thing about learning English?

Sometimes it is very hard, even impossible to find the right answer to a peculiar question about English grammar or vocabulary. It's not in books, the information on the internet is not much relevant or is quite scarce… and I suffer. :-)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Lucka Skrčená vložený před 9 lety

Sometimes it is very hard, even impossible to find the right answer to a peculiar question about English grammar or vocabulary. It's not in books, the information on the internet is not much relevant or is quite scarce… and I suffer. :-)

I'd love to hear an example of a peculiar question.

Oh, there have been a few of them on the helpforum… one evergreen is GONE x BEEN, for example. No black&white answer to it. One native says this and the other says that. :-)

So this native speaker will tell you simply that … Been = Went and returned. Gone= Went and not yet returned. Funnily though we sometimes ask the question.. “How long has he been gone?” meaning; how long is it since he went away (and hasn't yet returned)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.