Help for English

Mám pre Teba jednu skvelú správu.

Ktoré je správne ?

I´ve a marvellous bit of news for you.

I´ve a bit of marvellous news for you.

Ďakujem.

• I've (got) some marvellous / wonderful / fantastic / great / tremendous news for you is the most idiomatic way of saying this.
  • I´ve a marvellous bit/piece of news for you.
  • I´ve a bit of marvellous news for you.

These are both acceptable (see the Ngram), but sound less idiomatic than the version at the top. Nejde totiž o to, jestli je to zpráva jedna nebo zpráv několik, ale o to, jaká je to zpráva.

• I've got some marvellous news for you: my boyfriend has just popped the question / proposed (požádal o ruku) and I said “yes”!
  • I've got some dreadful / terrible/ awful / rotten / horrible news for you: a cat's [= cat has] been run over and I think it's yours.
  • If you think I'm going to clear this mess up, I've got news for you: you can clear it up yourself!
  • If you think I'm going to spend two hours cooking you a meal while you spend all evening in the pub, I've got news for you: you'd [= you had] better pick up a pizza on your way home!

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.