Help for English

Účelové věty - prosím o vysvětlení příkladů

Dobrý den, prosím o vysvětlení následujících vět (jedná se o cvičení z učebnice Intermediate Language Practice – Michael Vince, kde klíč uvádí i více možných odpovědí).

1. I changed seats in the cinema so that I could see better. – Proč nemůže být i would?
  2. We took some sandwiches so that we wouldn't feel hungry. -Proč zde nemůže být i didn't?
  3. We wore heavy clothes so that we wouldn't get cold in the snow. – Proč nelze použít didn't?
  4. I kept the dog on its lead so that it wouldn't / didn't frighten the children. – Proč zde nemůže být i couldn't?
  5. Jane arrived early at the airport so that she had plenty of time to check in. – Proč nelze would have?
  6. Our teacher made us sit far apart so that we wouldn't / couldn't cheat! – Proč ne didn't?
  7. Lisa got up early so that she could finish her homework. – Proč ne would?
  8. Nicola came here to have meeting with the director. – Je možné i Nicola came here to meet with the director?

Předem děkuji za odpověď.

1. I can see better – Z toho: I could …
  2. Asi se myslí, aby neměli hlad pozdě ji, tj. v budoucnu.

dál taky nevím.

1. I changed seats in the cinema so (that) I could/would see better. (“I'll change seats so (that) I can/will see better.”)
  2. We took some sandwiches so (that) we wouldn't/didn't feel hungry. (“We'll take some sandwiches so (that) we won't/don't …”)
  3. We wore heavy clothes so (that) we wouldn't/didn't get cold in the snow. (“We'll wear … so (that) we won't/don't …”)
  4. I kept the dog on its lead so (that) it wouldn't/didn't/cou­ldn't frighten the children. (“I'll keep … so (that) it won't/doesn't/can't …”)
  5. Jane arrived early at the airport so (that) she had/would have plenty of time to check in. (“I'll arrive early so (that) I have / will have …”)
  6. Our teacher made us sit far apart so (that) we wouldn't/couldn't/did­n't cheat! (“I'll make them sit far apart so (that) they won't/can't/d­on't …”)
  7. Lisa got up early so (that) she could/would finish her homework. (“I'll get up early so (that) I can/will …”)
  8. Nicola came here to have a meeting with the director. – Je možné i Nicola came here to meet with the director? Ano, “meet with” (v daném slova smyslu) = AmE, “meet” = BrE.
Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 3 lety
  1. I changed seats in the cinema so (that) I could/would see better. (“I'll change seats so (that) I can/will see better.”)
  2. We took some sandwiches so (that) we wouldn't/didn't feel hungry. (“We'll take some sandwiches so (that) we won't/don't …”)
  3. We wore heavy clothes so (that) we wouldn't/didn't get cold in the snow. (“We'll wear … so (that) we won't/don't …”)
  4. I kept the dog on its lead so (that) it wouldn't/didn't/cou­ldn't frighten the children. (“I'll keep … so (that) it won't/doesn't/can't …”)
  5. Jane arrived early at the airport so (that) she had/would have plenty of time to check in. (“I'll arrive early so (that) I have / will have …”)
  6. Our teacher made us sit far apart so (that) we wouldn't/couldn't/did­n't cheat! (“I'll make them sit far apart so (that) they won't/can't/d­on't …”)
  7. Lisa got up early so (that) she could/would finish her homework. (“I'll get up early so (that) I can/will …”)
  8. Nicola came here to have a meeting with the director. – Je možné i Nicola came here to meet with the director? Ano, “meet with” (v daném slova smyslu) = AmE, “meet” = BrE.

Děkuju. Moc mi to pomohlo.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.