Help for English

2017's Laver Cup/2017 Laver Cup

Dobrý den/ Ahoj :)

Jaká verze je správná?

• This photo was taken at the 2017's Laver Cup.
  • This photo was taken at the 2017 Laver Cup.

Jaké zde platí pravidlo? Budu znít podivně, ale pravidla ohledně používání 's znám, alespoň jsem o tom byl přesvědčen. Zde si však najednou nejsem jist. Přijde mi to, že s ročníky se to používá bez 's. Je tomu tak?

P.S. Laver Cup je tenisový turnaj, jen pro upřesnění kontextu/o čem pí­ši.

• This photo was taken at the 2017 Laver Cup.
  • This photo was taken at 2017's Laver Cup.
  • This photo was taken at the 2017's Laver Cup.

Google can be helpful with this kind of query:

If you’re looking for a slightly riskier pick, look no further than 2017’s Grand National winner, One For Arthur: he generally finishes in the top five but has unseated his jockey in his last two races.

[Also correct: … further than the 2017 Grand National winner …]

Garbiñe Muguruza won her second Grand Slam singles title, defeating Venus Williams in the final, 7–5, 6–0 to win the Ladies' Singles tennis title at the 2017 Wimbledon Championships.

[Also correct: … title at 2017's Wimbledon Championships.]

Děkuji. Budu to brát jako super pomůcku.

Platí to u roků takto obecně, že?

• What is 2017' word of the year?
  • Dev Patel is 2017' sexiest man alive.
  • Hear me out: why 2017' Ghost in the Shell isn't a bad movie.

Šlo by to však pozměnit na:

• What is the 2017 word of the year?
  • Dev Patel is the 2017 sexiest man alive.
  • Hear me out: why the 2017 Ghost in the Shell isn't a bad movie.

Správně? :)

• What is 2017's word of the year? = What is the 2017 word of the year?
  • Dev Patel is 2017's sexiest man alive = Dev Patel is the 2017 sexiest man alive.
  • Hear me out: why 2017's Ghost in the Shell isn't a bad movie = Hear me out: why the 2017 Ghost in the Shell isn't a bad movie.

Myslím, že hlavní je fakt, že pokud je použit u přiv. apostrof, “the” by se vztahovalo k té číslovce, a to nedává smysl. Podobně jako u jmen – Newton’s theory a nrbo The Newton Theory. Ale ne the + apostrof.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.