Help for English

I remember dancing

“I have been searching for this song for absolutely, and just this minute found it, wow! I was 21 in 1985 and loved dancing to this in the London clubs at the time”.

Recently, I have found this commentary in the commentaries to one song on Youtube. I cannot seem to understand why there is the definite article “the” in front of the word “London”. I think it is generic, so it shouldn’t take the definite article, or should it? I am kinda confused because I don’t understand it – the writer does not talk about any specific clubs in London, so why he uses the definite article?

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Armando vložený před 7 měsíci

“I have been searching for this song for absolutely, and just this minute found it, wow! I was 21 in 1985 and loved dancing to this in the London clubs at the time”.

Recently, I have found this commentary in the commentaries to one song on Youtube. I cannot seem to understand why there is the definite article “the” in front of the word “London”. I think it is generic, so it shouldn’t take the definite article, or should it? I am kinda confused because I don’t understand it – the writer does not talk about any specific clubs in London, so why he uses the definite article?

Myslí určité londýnské kluby (ve kterých tancoval/a)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.