Help for English

COACH vs. COUCH

Komentáře k článku: COACH vs. COUCH

miluju tyhle úžasně zpracované články pro bl*é :-), moc se mi to hodí, hlavně s výslovností mám pořád potíže :oops:

Ahoj, měl bych dva dotazy:

1. The golden coach carried the queen for her coronation. – neměla by zde být předložka “TO her coronation”?
  2. There were two first class coaches on the train. – neměla by zde být předložkaa “IN the train”? Četl jsem, že pokud říkáme, co se kde nachází (mluvíme-li o vybavení a nikoli o cestujících), používá se i hromadných dopravních prostředků předložka “IN a nikoliv "ON”.

Děkuji za případnou odpověď.

1. … carried the queen to/for her coronation are both acceptable.

• to her coronation: to the place where her coronation took place or to the coronation ceremony. Cf. A hundred guests came to their wedding.

The Gold State Coach which carried the Queen to her coronation is being cleaned and overhauled in preparation for its first appearance in 25 years during the Golden Jubilee celebrations.

• for her coronation: on the occasion of her coronation, or in order to carry out her coronation. Cf. A hundred guests came for their wedding.

This golden coach carried the Queen for her coronation, and serves on other state occasions as it has for hundreds of years.

2. There were two first-class coaches on/in the train are both acceptable:

Once my train had arrived my ticket said coach D which just so happened to be a first class carriage in the train, so I tried my luck and sat in first class …

The buffet car in the train was OK.

Is there a buffet car on the train?

Of course, there was also a buffet car on the train to purchase items on board.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.