|Course Map (mapa kurzu)|
Unit 03: CURRICULUM VITAE (CV)
V druhé lekci našeho kurzu si Michael našel inzerát, který ho oslovil. Nyní sestavuje svůj životopis.
Hi, everyone. So I spent two days trying to put my CV together. It's only a draft, I still have to put some final touches to it tonight. Hopefully, it will get some attention. After all, I think I match their requirements. Do you want to see it? Here it is:
|Address:||Dlouha 5432, Prague|
|Telephone number:||+420 222 100 100|
|Mobile telephone number:||+420 732 100 100|
|Date of birth:||15 August, 1975|
May 2005 - December 2008
Business Analyst - ABC Logistics, Prague
- Developed and led implementation of store improvement programs.
- Coordinated all new inventory procedures.
- Developed strategies for execution and measurement of key initiatives designed to improve sales, inventory, and safety issues.
January 2001 - April 2005
Business Development Manager - Freight D, Prague
- Prepared a detailed business plan.
- Attended workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
- Developed a situation analysis of the company including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to assist in the development of a strategic plan for the future of the business.
September 1998 - December 2000
Sales Representative - IT Data Ltd., Prague
- Developed a sales strategy.
- Worked closely with the Sales Manager to identify potential markets.
- Maintained contact with customers and obtained follow up business.
- Received company's highest sales award two years in a row.
1996 - 1998
Master's Degree in Business Management
Prague Business College
Principle studies included: Accounting, Business communications, Finance, Marketing. Secondary studies included: advertising, economics, and management. Summer internship in business development and marketing strategies at University of Edinburgh in Scotland.
1993 - 1996
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
Prague Business College
Principle studies included: Accounting, Business, and Economics. Secondary studies included: new marketing strategies such as website development, e-mail marketing, mobile phone text marketing, and social networking.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and positive attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Capable of providing support.
- Fast learner, organized and punctual.
- Excellent telephone, verbal, and writing skills.
- Advanced user of Russian and English.
- Driving licence
- Computer skills: Advanced user of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
References available upon request.
So, do you like it? I'm going to send it as soon as I finish my cover letter, which is quite a crucial part of the letter of application. I will show it to you too, next time. Wish me luck.
Michaelův průvodní dopis si ukážeme ve čtvrté lekci. Ve třetí lekci nás ale ještě čeká kapitola WORD and PHRASE ANALYSES (ZDE), kde rozebereme podtržené výrazy, a TIPS and TRICKS, ve které si probereme, co vše by měl obsahovat životopis. Pochopitelně nebudou chybět dva testy na procvičení, ve kterých budete doplňovat a tvořit právě životopis (TEST A - jednodušší, TEST B - pokročilý).
V úplném závěru třetí lekce naleznete novinku - BUSINESS extra:
RECENZE slovníku Longman Business English
SOUTĚŽ o nejlepší životopis. Cena pro vítěze? Zatím tajemství...