Question Time with
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? What kind of person are you?
I'm 37 years old. I like getting older. I can't wait until I'm 85 years old. What fun! I like video games, indie music, bright colors. I am a very creative person. I'm driven to create constantly. If I don't do it I get depressed so I'm grateful I can make videos for a living.
2. How would you explain who CHAD VADER is to a person who never heard of him before?
Chad Vader (brother of Darth) is Day Shift Manager at Empire Market. He fancies himself a tough, well-respected person but he is exactly the opposite.
3. How did you get the idea for Chad Vader?
Star Wars? But really it was a combination of things. We thought it would be funny to have Darth Vader work in a grocery store, but we thought that it would be even funnier if it was his brother who has the same look and powers, but is a much more flawed hopeless loser. So we made it Chad Vader, and we added a bunch of interesting characters around him to make the show more dynamic so it could be a series and we could do a lot of episodes without getting tired of the idea.
4. How long does it take to make the whole episode (from pre-production to posting it online)?
About a month. A week to write the script, a week of pre-production. Two long nights of filming (usually) and then a couple weeks of editing and post.
5. How many people are usually involved in making one episode? How did you get so many talented people to work on it?
There's usually at least 15-20 people involved with an episode. We are lucky enough to have a lot of talented friends who are willing to help us out and a lot of other people who are excited about what we're doing.
6. You received a prize for CHAD VADER from George Lucas himself. How did it feel?
It was amazing. I never would have imagined George Lucas to even see our video much less give it an award. We were very honored.
7. Did you meet George Lucas in person?
We haven't met him yet, but I hope to get him to make a cameo in the final Chad Vader episode (somewhere down the road). I know it's not realistic, but I can dream...
8. How do you feel about the success of the series?
I am always amazed and excited about the success. Especially over this long period of time to have so many fans who are still very excited about every episode. They are the reason we're still doing it!
9. Are there any other projects, shows etc. that you are working on?
We're working on our first full length feature comedy film, and we continue to make other videos and series for our youtube channel blamesocietyfilms.
10. This interview will be read mostly by Czech students of English. Is there something that you would like to tell them?
I love your country. You have great beer.
Thank you Aaron for your time. Good luck with all your projects and thanks for Chad Vader!
Aaron Yonda on the Internet:
Watch CHAD VADER on Help for English! With comments, grammar notes, vocabulary analysis and more!