Help for English

Studying languages in general

hi :-D

Hello !
I don´t understand… :-O I learn English… But I can´t it.
:-)
I wanted to speak English !!!
You answered !!!

Hi There!
At the secondary school I had first experiences with English. Then I went to Great Britain and I found out, that I cannot speak English at all. I started to lear English at the Language school in Cambridge where I spent 6 months of my life. I have used all the common tools such as TV, Radio,Newspapers to achieve my goal. An important part were my friends who helped me a lot. Then I moved to Manchester, Telford and finished in London. The tour tooks me 3 years and half and I still feel that my English need to be improved in many ways.

Hi everyone! I love studying English and languages in general. Beside English I also study French and Japanese, but not for a long time. My goal right now is the FCE or CAE certificate (as is for many of you, I guess). After graduation I'm going to go to Great Britain, for there is no better experience than to live in an english-speaking country.
My marks weren't as good at the elementary school as they are now. And that's because of (I'm not kidding) a playstation game called Final Fantasy VII. This amazing and spectacular story gave me a lot of experience and I learned many words and phrases playing that game. That have been coming in handy for many years now. Although I'm in the third grade at high school, at the end of the school year I was given the graduation English exam and I passed. It's a pity it was only rough test. The real exam'll take place in May, so wish me luck! :-D

Hi im andrea and i lookin for teacher english language !

Hello. I would like to have some English TV channels at home to watch topics I am interested in, broadcast in English. I am sure it is a good way how to improve the language knowledge. Could someone advise me the satellite or cable TV, simply how to get access to some english TV channel? Thanks a lot! v.

A language is only hard in relation to a person's mother tongue. There are no difficult or easy languages. It all depends on your mother language. As easy as Czech/Slovak (depending on your nationality, of course) might seem to us, an Englishman might find it impossible to learn. And that goes for every single language in the world.
I try to believe that anyone can pick up a foreign language, although I do believe that there are more and less-talented people for that. Somebody is simply born with the special feeling for languages and somebody will never ever make it to speaking the language fluently. Even if they were to live in a foreign country forever.

Actually, I'll write you a secret of learning english the most effective way. All you have to do, is:

Watching movies in english language over and over until you understand every single spoken word.

Listening songs over and over until you understand them completely.

And here's the funny part: You should tune some internet radio stations with spoken english [talk shows, comedies ect] and leave them running all day. You have to put yourself to english enviroment. After a while you will find yourself understanding more and more.

What you can try next, is talking to yourself in english language. For example talk about what are you doin', what you plan to do. I am talking to myself all day. Of course just in my mind [while I'm in a group of people]. When I am alone, I am talking out loud. „I am opening the door right now, I'm flushing the toilet, There are some little pricks outside swearing to old lady,“ . Just do it. Don't be ashamed… Try to repeat things that have been said in movies.. ect. Bye.

Hi everybody. I'd like to know what's the English for a few Czech words as follows: sklapovačky, žabáky, nohejbal a gymnastické vruty. Can anybody help me with this? I´d appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

Rad

to: AnOrdinaryGuy
You said it absolutely great.
It's important to be with English as soon as is it posibble.

As said AnOrdinaryGuy, when you came home, you had to lunch you radio, and listen, listen, then you was supposed to watch some kind of film, the best way was seeing english serial, where was every day english.

I have doubts. When I have written As said AnOrdinaryGuy, it's then necessary to use reported speech?, if not, I have made the big mistake.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.