Help for English

What's your favorite book?

No, but thanks for tip of the book – The Princess Bride. I will try to obtain it and read. Now I like Pride & Prejudice in English.

Pride & Prejudice is quite hard to read (for me). 8-)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Lucka Skrčená vložený před 10 lety

Pride & Prejudice is quite hard to read (for me). 8-)

It would be hard for me, too, hadn't I already known it by heart :). In my opinion, all Austen is quite difficult regarding vocabulary and language.

Recently I've desperately fallen for books by Georgette Heyer. For a hopeless romantic with an unquenchable thirst for humour these regency stories are just the thing. Though all that new/old(1800s) vocabulary and idioms I'm learning now are not much useful nowadays…

Connie Willis: To Say Nothing of the Dog. Nice read, if you like sci-fi (time travel), really amusing, especially if you know Three Men in a Boat, P.G.Wodehouse, Agatha Christie and Dorothy L. Sayers, and absolute must, if you're into history and Victorian England (or WW2). I think Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries will be my next try ;)

A book everyone should read is Little Women. It brings you to another world while reading it..

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Alvakim04 vložený před 8 měsíci

A book everyone should read is Little Women. It brings you to another world while reading it..

I have that experience with Persuasion by Jane Austen 🙂 It's a book I was most absorbed by ever..... (although my most favourite book is probably Jane Eyre by Ch. Brontë…:) – by the way, the only English book I prefer reading in Czech.....I love the Czech translation of that book)

I love Call me by your name so much, both the movie and book, the ending is so touching.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.