Nikdy jsem nechodil běhat, když...

 

Ahoj.
Můžete mi prosím pomoci s překladem níže uvedené věty?

Věta:
Nikdy nechodím běhat, když je venku pod 13 stupňů Celsia.

Pokus o překlad:
I never go jogging/running if it is under 13 degrees Celsius outside.

Kontext: Prostě jen obecné tvrzení.


Pokud je překlad správný jak by se potom přeložila tato věta:

Věta:
Nikdy jsem nechodil běhat, když bylo venku pod 13 stupňů Celsia.

Myslím si, že bych to v tomto případě měl vyjádřit předpřítomným ča­sem.

Pokus o překlad:
I have never gone jogging/running if it was under 13 degrees Celsius outside.

Nějak se mi ale nezdá ono “gone jogging/running”. Lze to takto použít či nikoliv?

Díky moc za pomoc.

Dobrý den, mně by asi víc sedlo “been jogging”… Zkusila jsem Ngram, a tam je obojí a been je tam častější…
https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?…
https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?…

Na základě české věty, kterou uvádíte, bych použil past simple. Vaše věta takhle bez kontextu vyjadřuje spíš “Ještě jsem nebyl běhat, když…” Tu českou větu si představuji nějak zarámovanou v minulosti, třeba “Když jsem bydlel v Liberci, nikdy jsem nechodil běhat, když…” Pokud tedy máte na mysli toto, řekl bych “I never went jogging…”

Souhlasím s Danem. Vidím to jako podmínkovou větu, reálná podmínka v minulosti. V hlavní i vedlejší větě bude minulý čas prostý.

Dobrý den, ahoj všem. Díky za komentáře. A tu první větu v pritomnem case mam prosím správně?

… have never gone jogging/running if/when it was… :-((

DM has hit the nail on the head here. The problem here is that the two verb forms “have been/gone VERBing” (= present perfect continuous/pro­gressive) and " when it was…" (= past simple) apply to different timeframes – present and past. You need to decide whether you want to talk about the present (if/when it is less than 13°C) or the past (if/when it was less than 13°C).

Present: You can say either 1 or 2, the meaning is the same:

  • 1. I've never been/gone jogging/running if/when it is less than 13°C.
  • 2. I've never been/gone jogging/running if/when it has been less than 13°C.

Past: You can say either 3, 4 or 5, the meaning is the same:

  • 3. I never went jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C.
  • 4. I never used to go jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C.
  • 5. I would never go jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C (would = opakovaný děj v minulosti)

Jak píše eva, raději používáme never been running , ale never gone running je přijatelné.

Hey everyone, so basically I want to start running. I've never been a runner, and have never gone running in my life …(myfitnesspal)

… never been running is ok above too.

If you’ve never been running before it can feel a little daunting, so it’s best for you to start slowly and gradually build up your speed and distance as you get more comfortable. (nationalworld)

… never gone running is ok above too.

Ano, v přítomném čase je správně

  • I never run/jog if/when it's less than 13°C
  • I never go running/jogging if/when it's less than 13°C
  • I never go for a run/jog when it's less than 13°C

We don't need “outside” (though it's obviously not wrong), and “under” is also ok for “less than”, see the Ngram.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 4 lety

… have never gone jogging/running if/when it was… :-((

DM has hit the nail on the head here. The problem here is that the two verb forms “have been/gone VERBing” (= present perfect continuous/pro­gressive) and " when it was…" (= past simple) apply to different timeframes – present and past. You need to decide whether you want to talk about the present (if/when it is less than 13°C) or the past (if/when it was less than 13°C).

Present: You can say either 1 or 2, the meaning is the same:

  • 1. I've never been/gone jogging/running if/when it is less than 13°C.
  • 2. I've never been/gone jogging/running if/when it has been less than 13°C.

Past: You can say either 3, 4 or 5, the meaning is the same:

  • 3. I never went jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C.
  • 4. I never used to go jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C.
  • 5. I would never go jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C (would = opakovaný děj v minulosti)

Jak píše eva, raději používáme never been running , ale never gone running je přijatelné.

Hey everyone, so basically I want to start running. I've never been a runner, and have never gone running in my life …(myfitnesspal)

… never been running is ok above too.

If you’ve never been running before it can feel a little daunting, so it’s best for you to start slowly and gradually build up your speed and distance as you get more comfortable. (nationalworld)

… never gone running is ok above too.

Ano, v přítomném čase je správně

  • I never run/jog if/when it's less than 13°C
  • I never go running/jogging if/when it's less than 13°C
  • I never go for a run/jog when it's less than 13°C

We don't need “outside” (though it's obviously not wrong), and “under” is also ok for “less than”, see the Ngram.

Ahoj Dane, jako vždy vyčerpávající odpověď v souvislostech.Moc jsi mi pomohl a už mám v tom jasněji. Díky díky, že sis dal ten čas na podrobnou odpověď.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 4 lety

… have never gone jogging/running if/when it was… :-((

DM has hit the nail on the head here. The problem here is that the two verb forms “have been/gone VERBing” (= present perfect continuous/pro­gressive) and " when it was…" (= past simple) apply to different timeframes – present and past. You need to decide whether you want to talk about the present (if/when it is less than 13°C) or the past (if/when it was less than 13°C).

Present: You can say either 1 or 2, the meaning is the same:

  • 1. I've never been/gone jogging/running if/when it is less than 13°C.
  • 2. I've never been/gone jogging/running if/when it has been less than 13°C.

Past: You can say either 3, 4 or 5, the meaning is the same:

  • 3. I never went jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C.
  • 4. I never used to go jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C.
  • 5. I would never go jogging/running if/when it was less than 13°C (would = opakovaný děj v minulosti)

Jak píše eva, raději používáme never been running , ale never gone running je přijatelné.

Hey everyone, so basically I want to start running. I've never been a runner, and have never gone running in my life …(myfitnesspal)

… never been running is ok above too.

If you’ve never been running before it can feel a little daunting, so it’s best for you to start slowly and gradually build up your speed and distance as you get more comfortable. (nationalworld)

… never gone running is ok above too.

Ano, v přítomném čase je správně

  • I never run/jog if/when it's less than 13°C
  • I never go running/jogging if/when it's less than 13°C
  • I never go for a run/jog when it's less than 13°C

We don't need “outside” (though it's obviously not wrong), and “under” is also ok for “less than”, see the Ngram.

I really like your answers. I always learn so much from them. Thank you Dan, as well.

Thanks for your kind compliment, Adriana. I'm glad you found this post helpful. :-)

 

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.