Help for English

Political Speeches

For anyone who is interested in politics or just in the language and has a favourite or knows an interesting political speech, please share it with us. Not only are they interesting, but help your listening and enrich your vocabulary.

Currently I am looking for the House Divided speech. Anyway, my favourite at the moment is Barack Obama´s 2004 DNC keynote address – very inspirational :-D

And very… long :-D

16/17 minutes? He usually speaks for like 30 to 40 minutes, that´s long :-D

I had to speak for 10 minuztes before whole my class… That was too long. 16/17/40 minutes is terribly long… xD Everybody get asleep :)
And Barrack has that transparent displays with his speech, doesn't he? :)

Actually, I am not a big fan of political speeches, and generally I am not a big fan of politics either. :-)In my opinion there are tons of much more useful a interesting videos to watch :-D but I have to admit that parts of those speeches are sometimes extremely hilarious (like the one where Obama is criticizing Americans for not speaking foreign languages – this one cracked me up and I don't even know why) :-) … hope you don't mind me joining the conversation

Well, I am very nervous when I have to present something in front of my class, but I usually speak for 15–45 minutes (depends on the subject, when it comes to my English class my rant would be much longer than let´s say biology =).
But politial speech is done to persuade and to cover as many issues as you can therefore I think 30 minutes is perfectly O.K.

speeches.....he­ee…one of the worst thnig.....when i am standing in front of my class…in this moment i forget everything and i do not know what i am speaking.....but one of the best political speeches is…„I have a dream…“ M.Luther King.....i am sure you know it…

Indeed. One of the best there is for sure… Coming to think of speeches I think the worst ones are from George W. Bush, the only one that I admire is the one he gave immediately post 9/11

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.