Help for English

What's your favorite book?

Favourite books? Oh god, there are so many of them…Lord of the Rings and Frank Herbert's Dune definitely, I read those way back, when I was 17 something. Eric Hoffer's The True Believer, a thorough and insightful study of the fanatical mind and mass movements. And of course, I must not forget Washington Irvings The Sketch Book of Geoffrey Crayon, excellent. Pride and Prejudice is also a must-read.
Now I'm reading Hannah Arendt's Eichmann In Jerusalen and The Origins of Totalitarianism, both already legendary in their respective fields. Highly recommended.

What about the books that have been written by Stephen King? I like all his books, but some of them even more: Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand, It, Green Mile, Desperation and of course, DARK TOWER.
But his latest books (From A Buick 8, Cell) are said not to be as excellent as older ones. I'm afraid I can confirm it.

I LOVE the Dark Tower. And I really liked MISERY, GERALD'S GAME, THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON, NEEDFUL THINGS… and others. Sometimes I was disappointed at the end (for example the ending of NEEDFUL THINGS was rather stupid).

Last month I was reading a great sci-fi/fantasy book – PERDIDO STATION by China Mieville. It's one of the best books I have read in a long time, except the Stephen King's books of course:-).
And Czech translation of this book is an excellent work.

hi,I want to speak about book, which I was reading,last week.¨
It is calling:muž a žena from evan hunter…I think, that it is a very interesting thriller a full of emocions,so I wish happy dayes with this book… :-D

Hi,I´m just reading very interesting book about famous american boxer James J.Braddock written by Marc Cerasini,name Cinderella man. He lived in a very difficult period 1930 when the whole system crashed. A millions of people lost their jobs and their homes. The true story of Jim braddock was similar to the story of many Americans.In the 1920s he made a lot of many and then in 1929 he lost all. He had to work very hard and it was payd very bad. But then he received second chance to turn againts his fate. The story of his second chance is one of the sport´s greatest stories. I recomend to read it. Petr

Hi, I´ve read the book called Catch 22 by Joseph Heller and it's also my favourite book! I can recomend this book to everyone who likes fun… It's about the absurdity of war and you'll really enjoy it! Does anybody know this book??

Hello everybody! :-)
I've just finished reading „The Guardians Of Time Trilogy“ written by Marianne Curley ( http://www.mariannecurley.com/ ) . It's about young people who have to save the world from Lathenias conspiracy. I think it's good for fantasy lovers and intermediate students because although there are many new words and sometimes the text is quite difficult, the sentences are still understandable. :-)

Hello all,I like Terry Pratchet and his Mr.Samuel Elanius,especial Man at Army..this is very funny book with good story

I love reading very much. I don´t watch TV, for my opinion this fun is stupid – for me.I´ve read the books by Gerald Durrell.He describe his childhood on Korfu island.I

Hello lovely readers,
my favourite book of all time is „The lord of the rings“ including „Silmarilion“ (just in Czech). I was also enjoying very much Pan Kaplan má stále třídu rád by Leo Rosten, I was laughing really in voice. I would be curious about the original because the Czech translation is marvelous! Now I try to read in English, for the beginning something „easier“ – The Diary of Bridget Jones – well, its´not as simple as I thought… :-( :-(

I love Pan Kaplan má stále třídu rád, too. :-D

Hi Franta,
have you listened to the radio dramatic transcription(?)of Pan Kaplan made by Brno editors of Czech Broadcasting Corporation (??) ? (question marks mean I don´t know if it is correct translation. translated by myself).
It was wonderfull series with Mirek Donutil as pan Kaplan and it was congenial with the book. I always hear his voice(and so others) in my head when reading the book. I think they have editted it on CD or MC (not sure).

Unfortunately not. It must be great. I'll try to find the CD somewhere.

Hi,everybody,I like reading books at all.I like fantasy and detective stories for relax…but now I must read many books from British literature in English..it´s dif­ficult for me. But some of them are quite nice and interesting.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.