Help for English

Movies I am looking forward to seeing

Jan Kraus: How do you like The Hunger Games? Have you read the book?

http://www.imdb.com/…e/tt1870529/ I like Maggie and Viola

Men in Black III.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey:) And this is the only new movie I really want to see (in the cinema).

Yeah, The Hobbit… really curious about this one since they screwed up so many things in the LotR movies.

Didn't notice they screwed up anything about LOTR. Probably one of the best movies based on a book. I can imagine someone screwing up LOTR (as many books were totally slaughtered in this way before), but Peter Jackson definitely did a great job. Can't imagine anyone doing it better.

:-) You didn't because you are normal. (sorry, Lucy ;-))

I may appear a bit wierd (edit: weird – thanks, Roman!) in my opinion of the movies, I guess, but I really think (and there is much evidence to support that) that the Elvish spoken in there simply violates the Elven tongue of Prof. Tolkien. ‚Been studying the matter pretty much, for the movies‘ bad luck. On the other hand, I do appreciate the job of Weta. And I have all extended versions of all three movies… it's just I'm too serious a fan of Tolkien's languages to let it be :-)

2 chocolatka: yeah, I'm a wierdo (edit: weirdo – thanks, Roman!) :-D

and btw, looking forward to Ice Age 4 too… And don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see the Hobbit, I just hope there isn't much of the Elvish spoken. On the other hand, it surely will cause a mayham in all study groups! :-D

The elvish tongue in the movie was one of the things I loved. But I'm no expert. I read LOTR when I was a kid in Czech and then again as a teenager in English. Never really thought too hard about the language, never cared about STUDYING it… so I understand that not everything was done EXACTLY the way Tolkien created it. Which was not the point, I guess.

Anyway, saying they ‚screwed up‘ the movie just because of this is a bit too much, don't you think?

I – no doubt – picked up a wrong word, being too rash. I'm sorry if it made you upset.
It was not just this… I was overly dissapointed with Liv Taylor as Arwen, and having read the Silmarillion (let's say, a history of both Elves and Men before the LR), the Elves in the movies were almost funny EXCEPT OF Galadriel of Cate Blanchett who was fabulous (even her Elvish!).
BUT (and it is a huge BUT :-)): 1) I LOVE Viggo Mortensen's A­ragorn – and to be honest, even better than my-own-fantasy Aragorn (from the book). :-D 2) I LOVE Gimli's one-liners.

didn't make me upset. :-) But now that you trashtalk Liv Taylor as Arwen, I might as well be. :-)

(btw, I read SIlmarillion several times, my fav Tolkien book.)

Oops… :-) OK, enough of my annoying comments. :-)

Silmarillion is in my fav books top list.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.