TIP:V tomto článku, stejně jako kdekoliv jinde na tomto webu, si můžete neznámá slovíčka jednoduše vyhledat ve slovníku tak, že na slovo v textu dvakrát kliknete tlačítkem myši.
Question Time with
Při čtení rozhovoru si k poslechu můžete pustit píseň Everything Has Changed:
Nahrávku můžete spustit zde:
1. Could you in several words describe what kind of person you are?
I'm a musician, and I play in a band called The 88. We're from Los Angeles, California and have been performing live and recording since 2003. When I have free time, I enjoy recording my own music, and sometimes even other artists.
2. Have you always wanted to be a musician? When did you discover your talent?
There was a piano in my house growing up, so I started playing when I was very young. Everybody has some kind of talent, it's just a matter of taking those thoughts that you have and then putting them into action.
3. What was the first music you listened to as a child? Do you remember the first CD you had?
My parents said that I used to sing along to all the songs that they used to play in the car. My mom used to play 8-track cassette tapes of The Bee Gees, Barry Manilow, Dan Fogelberg, Niel Diamond, etc... The first record I ever owned was Kiss's "Dynasty", which was a gift. When CDs started becoming popular I bought all the Beatles albums, which are still my favorite.
4. You've been making music with the band The 88 (www.the88.net). How different is working with the band and working on your solo projects?
When I'm recording with The 88, we like to record everything live. A lot of the songs are created when we're all playing together in rehearsals. So when I'm recording my own songs, it's different, because it's usually just me playing everything and it's not with a band.
5. What do you consider to be your greatest success as a musician?
The fact that I get to play music with Keith Slettedahl, Anthony Zimmitti, and Todd O'Keefe is my greatest success. I'm the luckiest guy in the world to be in a band with those guys. Everything else that happens is just an added bonus.
6. Our readers are familiar with your song EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED. Could you give us a little background to the song? What is it about and what inspired you?
I came up with the melody and the chords when The 88 was asked to write a song for a television show. Keith actually wrote part of the words in the first verse, and I wrote the rest. One of my favorite things about music is when lyrics take on different meanings, and it is up to the listener to figure it out. I think that works with this song in particular.
7. Your songs have appeared on several TV shows and your band even appeared on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (a show well known to Czech students). How do you feel about this particular show?
It was a fun experience performing on "How I Met Your Mother" and getting to meet the cast and crew. The best part about that day was when we got to perform an actual set during the lunch break.
8. What do you usually do when you're not playing / writing / recording music?
I enjoy playing and recording music so much that it takes up most of my time. I also engineer and produce music, so when I'm not working on my own things, I'm helping out other people. When I'm not doing music related activities, I enjoy movies, traveling, and photography.
9. Are you working on any new projects right now?
The 88 is starting to record a new album in just a few weeks, which we are all very excited about. We'll be posting pictures and videos of the process. You can find us on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/the88), and our YouTube page (www.youtube.com/ilovethe88).
10. This interview will be read mostly by Czech students of English. Is there something that you would like to tell them?
Listen to your heart!
Thanks Adam! Good luck with your band's new record. I hope we hear more from you and from The 88 in my country soon!
Adam Merrin & The 88 on helpforenglish.cz:
Everything Has Changed (Adam Merrin) - píseň + cvičení na doplňování chybějících slov do textu, český překlad
How Good it Can Be (The 88) - píseň + cvičení na doplňování chybějících slov do textu, český překlad