Help for English

The summer holidays

Hi,

I've decided to make a new topic about your time during the summer holiday. Where you are going to go or where you have already been…

As for me, I'm going to Bulgaria at the end of August, the town we're gonna stay in is called Sozopol. I can't tell you much, cuz it's ahead of me. But I've been in Bulgaria before and I must say it's pretty awesome in there, so I'm looking forward to it… :-) And what about you…? Share your experiences of your holiday with others.

I've been to Switzerland 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. We (me and my parents) stayed in Leysin, a small village in the foothills of the Alps. We also spent 2 days in Chamonix, France and visited the nearby mountains. Being at 12,600 ft and watching Mont Blanc, falling avalanche and birds and gliders below is simply amazing. It's also very quiet up there… Just to name some things I did in Switzerland: in La Gruyere I saw how the Gruyere cheese is made, I fed marmots, saw a statue of Freddie Mercury in Montreux, took a boat trip on Lake Geneva, stood under the giant fountain in Geneva, watched little bears in Bern and finally ended this spectacular vacation in Zurich. In addition, I'm going on another trip to southern Bohemia next week. :-)

Well, I haven't really been anywhere yet… but the highlight of this summer (and the whole year) is in September – I'm going to the U2 concert in Munich!

C'mon people! No one else wants to share their experiences?

Well, I wanted these holidays to be unforgettable, full of adventure and no-one-knows-what-another-day-brings expectations, but instead, I'm just more or less stuck in a rut, which pretty gets me down, but I just can't find any way out. Any suggestions?

to roman 298-You should define what you mean stuck in a rut. I figure you are having sort of a part-time job.Then, skipping that is not a way out, cause there will be no money.
If having no commands what to do, then you are pretty free to fly wherever you want. I got a car so it depends on my thoughts where they wanna drift me off. Coming over to my friends seems fine to me. Do you?
Having a barbeque every so often seems fine to me as well.
Or set an aim for you holiday to pursue. Works fine for me.
It can be learning another language, improving you physical power, getting better at whatever you like. Last but not least, get a pickup, or squeeze :-ú and squeeze it out. Works just fine for piles of people :-ú
There is no such thing to tell you that you will enjoy for sure. The way we live our lives differs. You will have to find you own path to follow. It's hard to find an unforgettable way :-) So we can start from the get-go.
Shooting the breeze :-ú

If you really want to have some fun, enjoy yourself or just take a break. Go camping! It's the best way of forgetting about all your problems and unpleasant things. Get some friends who will join you, pack up the things you'll need and set off anywhere you want, far from the busy city and all your everyday troubles. The only two things you need are determination to experience new adventures and a few good friends who will accompany you and will always be there for you, no matter what happens. That's my tip. 8-) And i don't want to bother you, but I have two questions regarding your report:be (stuck) in a rut – I've looked up a definition of this ‚phrase‘ in my MED(Macmillan english dictionary), but I can't come to any suitable translation. And the other question regarding my last sentense – „Nemůžu přít na žádný vhodný překlad.“ Can it be translated like that (I can't come to any suitable translation)..? Thanks a lot.

Battlefield: My being stuck in a rut doesn't really involve troubles regarding a part-time job. Well, my father is a farmer so I can have a part-time job whenever I want to :-). The real problem that I apparently have is a lack of determination. You see, I have a lot of plans, countless things I would like to do, but I don't have anyone to put these things to practice with. And no I don't really mean pickups or the like :-D . And I do have a car as well, so from this point of view I have no boundaries either. However, still I think I just need a creative person by my side who would propel me to get down to everything I come to think of. And you also mentioned languages-well, that's probably the only thing that keeps me from going insane as I have decided that, say, within a year or so, I'd like to have a shot at, for me, an extra-terrestrial milestone also known as CPE. So I spend a few hours every day preparing for that. However, I don't want to kill time with english only. But as I said, even if I can think of several things I'd like to do I just don't have anybody by my side to accompany me.Because everybody knows that doing things on your own isn't really the stuff one would dream of.
AJLeArNeR: I partly answered ditto, but as far as your questions are concerned: the czech translation of „stuck in a rut“ feels a bit awkward to me, but in a nutshell, it suggests that when somebody is stuck in a rut, they find themselves in a stereotype, in a kind of vicious circle, these people would like to kind of break free from this sort of routine but can see no way out. And the other question-I can't come up with any suitable translation. For example.

Well, I guess this is by far the longest comment I have ever posted :-D

Good for you :-ú

oh come on, i come up with such an essay and you cough up three words and a misshapen smile? :-D

If caught your drift, the problem could be that you miss a real good friend :-) Someone who will be there for you and venture those adventures with you :-)
Oh boy, it way difficult to help you out. You will have to make it yourself. Realizing the end of holiday is approaching I get down too.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.