Help for English

How are you learning english?

Hello everyone,

I have been learning English for about 10 years but first 6 years at Elementary and Grammar schools were just waste of time. I seemed to be like learning basic vocabulary every day.

I tried my best in last 4 years. Maybe I did because I also realised I really wanted to can speak English as good as it is possible.

The best lesson I have ever had was though staying in the UK listening to English again, again and again. I still make many mistakes but most importantly I do realised them now and I try to avoid them next time.

Cheers

everybody look at www.czechie.blog.com

I learn English about two years.. My favorite tools how i can learn English is this webpage,some english books and reading books.

I have been learning English for a long time :oops: (O.K., only ten years, but it feels like an entire lifetime to me). As for how I learn nowadays I usually listen to a lot of podcasts on the Internet (BBC, CBC, ESL websites = exposure to a lot of spoken English) and watch American/Canadian TV (for me it´s much more fun than sitting in front of a textbook, which I still do, but not as much as before, still Collocations and Idioms in Use come in handy.) And I love reading so basically any English book I can get my hands on is in danger :oops:

Hello,is anybody here?????????????? :?:

I am. :-D

So am I.

So are we. 8-)

Aren´t you funny? :shock:

You're funny… you ask us stupid questions…

i ve been learning e for 11 years but i dont think this is good enough, some willing foreigners can get to the same level in 3–4 years. I mean this is not in czech nature.
After my leaving languague school I got started learning just from US movies sometimes with eng subtitles and reading on the internet and listening to the US radio.

Hello, I have a question. I do some tests, and I stucked on this task. Could anybody help me with it?
Task is to express the same meaning by different sentence.
4. In spite of knowing nothing, he passed the exam.
Although _____________­_______________________. (My tip:he knew nothing, he passed the exam)
5. I live in a building that has five floors.
I live in a ________ building. (my tip: five soried)
12. Never forget the importance of having good friends.
The importance _____________­_______________________­.(my tip:of having good friend do never forget.)
Are my tips correct? Could and „expert“ check it please?
Thanks a lot.

There're some of mine:

Although he knew nothing, he passed the exam.
I live in a five leveled building.
The importance of having good friends should never be forget.

Hi there! Well it is hard to say. All depends on How good is your present english. Those who are beginners have to work much harder then people who study already. I learned a lot in a past. I spent 6 years in UK. I studied english in Cambridge. When I went to England I was not able to speak at all. Now, when I am in Czech I have to work much harder as I do not want to forget anything I have already learned. Mostly I am reading magazines, watching TV, doing online studies. A big plus is a cable TV, especially BBC NEWS. I love them!

hello......per­sonally.....i am a student and i study english normally.....i do not know about any my extraordinary technique studying english.....but recently i have been watching the films with english subtitles…it quite good…mainly if you want improve your vocabulary and to learn some phrases

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.