Help for English

Verb Patterns

Komentáře k článku: Verb Patterns (slovesné vzorce)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od wannaobela vložený před 15 lety

Go to work / working

Zdravim,
go working se teda pravdepodobne taky nepouziva, je to tak? „Jdu pracovat“ tedy jednoduse „I´m going to work“ a ne „I´m going working“. Am I right? :)

Re: Go to work / working

Přesně tak. Vazba ‚go + ing‘ se používá převážně pro záliby.

joj

Už to čtu asi počtvrté a ještě jsem se nedostala na konec, je to vážně mazec. Prozatím jsem skončila u věty: Susan si stěžovala na bolest hlavy, máte tam „z“ ztěžovat by nešlo (about-of)první věta. Nemohl byste vytvořit cvičení postupně? Třeba z prvních dvou skupin, pak přidat… To jako pro nás, co jim mozek už nebere. :oops:

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Lenka Jedličková vložený před 15 lety

joj

Už to čtu asi počtvrté a ještě jsem se nedostala na konec, je to vážně mazec. Prozatím jsem skončila u věty: Susan si stěžovala na bolest hlavy, máte tam „z“ ztěžovat by nešlo (about-of)první věta. Nemohl byste vytvořit cvičení postupně? Třeba z prvních dvou skupin, pak přidat… To jako pro nás, co jim mozek už nebere. :oops:

Re: joj

Děkuji za upozornění. Už jsem opravil.
No on je ten článek upper-intermediate, takže je tam toho opravdu hodně.
Testy jsou zatím dva a opakují látku celkově.
Ale Marek tu má ještě tři další testy jen na gerundium vs. infinitiv. Zadejte si do vyhledávače GERUNDIUM.

can't stand/can't bear

Dobrý den, jak je to se slovesy CAN'T BEAR a CAN'T STAND, když po nich napíšu gerundium nebo infinitiv? Význam je stejný? Děkuji.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Pavla vložený před 15 lety

can't stand/can't bear

Dobrý den, jak je to se slovesy CAN'T BEAR a CAN'T STAND, když po nich napíšu gerundium nebo infinitiv? Význam je stejný? Děkuji.

Re: can't stand/can't bear

ano

2 Mr. Svozilek: I could use a piece of methodological advice how to treat phrasal verbs and gerundive. After several weeks I learned the list of the verbs after which is to follow gerundive. But I've got in trouble with phrasal verbs then. You write in your article there is the same rule as with the listed verbs. OK but what to do with this information? Well, If I want to use PUT OFF, I need to search if I can express it another way, let's say POSTPONE, and then if the word postpone is on the list then I need to gerundive LEAVING, don't I. As the verb PUT is not on the list there is scarcely another way I think. Or do you have any thoughts?

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Hum4nfrog vložený před 15 lety

2 Mr. Svozilek: I could use a piece of methodological advice how to treat phrasal verbs and gerundive. After several weeks I learned the list of the verbs after which is to follow gerundive. But I've got in trouble with phrasal verbs then. You write in your article there is the same rule as with the listed verbs. OK but what to do with this information? Well, If I want to use PUT OFF, I need to search if I can express it another way, let's say POSTPONE, and then if the word postpone is on the list then I need to gerundive LEAVING, don't I. As the verb PUT is not on the list there is scarcely another way I think. Or do you have any thoughts?

Re:

I'm afraid I don't quite follow what your point is…

Psal jsem to jen proto, abych nemusel zbytečně přidávat ještě například k postpone i put off, je to frázové sloveso…platá to i pto ostatní… ale samotné put se přece s dalším slovesem neváže…

Re: Re:

Sorry for delay. Yes this is the point as e.g. PUT is not associated with any gerund. How can I figure out that I am to use gerund after some of the phrasal verbs? It seems to me impractical to analyze the entire list of containing 40 verbs to find out if I am to use gerund after PUT OFF or LOOK INTO or not. I was just asking about a cheat how to make it real in everyday speech. It seems inconvenient to ask somebody to wait a moment and recite all 40 verbs in my mind and search for one with similar meaning with the phrasal verb I am intending to use. Maybe a short list with appropriate phrasal verbs could help. I don't know, you are the God and our mum ;-)))

Re: Re:

Sorry for delay. Yes this is the point as e.g. PUT is not associated with any gerund. How can I figure out that I am to use gerund after some of the phrasal verbs? It seems to me impractical to analyze the entire list of containing 40 verbs to find out if I am to use gerund after PUT OFF or LOOK INTO or not. I was just asking about a cheat how to make it real in everyday speech. It seems inconvenient to ask somebody to wait a moment and recite all 40 verbs in my mind and search for one with similar meaning with the phrasal verb I am intending to use. Maybe a short list with appropriate phrasal verbs could help. I don't know, you are the God and our mum ;-)))

Re: Re: Re:

Já Vám asi vůbec nerozumím…
Prostě se je musíte naučit stejně jako se musíte naučit tyto…tato zmínka je tam pro zjednodušení…

Prostě postpone = put off, takže to platí na oboje, ale toto rovnítko nefunguje vždy (ne vždy je frázové sloveso rovno nějakému nefrázovému)

You understand me well I think and I was afraid of your answer. Well, do you know how to find out which phrasal verb is to be followed by gerund (BTW is gerund countable or not?)? I have no idea where to find it. All the books I've got about phrasal verbs don't provide this information. Or do you plan a supplement of this article with at least a basic list of phrasal verbs?

You understand me well I think and I was afraid of your answer. Well, do you know how to find out which phrasal verb is to be followed by gerund (BTW is gerund countable or not?)? I have no idea where to find it. All the books I've got about phrasal verbs don't provide this information. Or do you plan a supplement of this article with at least a basic list of phrasal verbs?

Re:

gerund je počitatelné

Těch frázových sloves zase tolik není…měl byste znát nefrázovou podobu, a pokud je po ní gerundium, je i po frázovém slovesu.

I am confused…

…jak je to spravne? Don't you dare to say it to anybody.. or don't dare you to say it to anybody? And what about this sentence: You wouldn't dare to say anything or with to???

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od veronika.spiegel vložený před 15 lety

I am confused…

…jak je to spravne? Don't you dare to say it to anybody.. or don't dare you to say it to anybody? And what about this sentence: You wouldn't dare to say anything or with to???

Re: I am confused…

Don't YOU dare to say je OK
Don't dare YOU to say je špatně

Přece říkáte třeba
Don't sit – ok
Don't you sit – ok (zesílení)
Don't sit you- špatně

You wouldn't dare to say anything je dobře (zde není DARE modální, ale bežné sloveso, proto může být TO)

Re: Re: I am confused…

Dekuji moc za odpoved:]

Re: ahoj vsem

Vám by se líbilo ‚My parents don‘t approve me of coming home…'?
To by však bylo špatně.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.