Help for English

Jak se máte?

Komentáře k článku: Jak se máte?

get on

Ještě bych doplnil HOW ARE YOU GETTING ON? To používal můj šéf v Anglii, když jsem tam pracoval.

Ja zase hodne slychavam od kolegu ARE YOU ALRIGHT (OK)? Ale otazka je to asi opravdu pouze formalni, je to spise pozdrav (i kdyz treba 5× denne :)

Spise bych se zeptal, jestli opravdu vsechny moznosti co jsou v tabulce jdou pouzit ve vete I AM … Napr. I AM GREAT mi zni spise jako JA JSEM SKVELEJ nez MAM SE SKVELE.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od JiM_cz vložený před 17 lety

Ja zase hodne slychavam od kolegu ARE YOU ALRIGHT (OK)? Ale otazka je to asi opravdu pouze formalni, je to spise pozdrav (i kdyz treba 5× denne :)

Spise bych se zeptal, jestli opravdu vsechny moznosti co jsou v tabulce jdou pouzit ve vete I AM … Napr. I AM GREAT mi zni spise jako JA JSEM SKVELEJ nez MAM SE SKVELE.

Re:

Ve formální angličtině by člověk použil spíš jen I'M FINE, nebo I'M VERY WELL. V neformální použije pouze samotné GREAT, SO-SO apod.:

How are you? – Great!

Na „I'M GREAT“ ale není nic špatného. Používá se také.

All right

All right?=jak se máš?.Možná reakce na tuto otázku je např:Not bad, mate and you?/aale, není to zas tak špatný kámo.a jak se daří tobě?/.

SO-SO.. a South Carolina :-)

Mela bych dotazek.. mame lektora z USA, ze South Carolina .. a muzu mu rict, kdyz se me v uvodu hodiny zepta, jaxe mam atp.. So-so? Abychom pak na sebe jen nekoukali :-D Je to univerzalni anglickou i americkou aj? :-) dekujiii :-)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od masliko vložený před 16 lety

SO-SO.. a South Carolina :-)

Mela bych dotazek.. mame lektora z USA, ze South Carolina .. a muzu mu rict, kdyz se me v uvodu hodiny zepta, jaxe mam atp.. So-so? Abychom pak na sebe jen nekoukali :-D Je to univerzalni anglickou i americkou aj? :-) dekujiii :-)

Re: SO-SO.. a South Carolina :-)

Mělo by to být univerzální, ale nepoužívá se to určitě tak často, jako české ‚nic moc‘. Znát by to měl ale i v Jižní Karolíně.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Marek Vít vložený před 16 lety

Re: SO-SO.. a South Carolina :-)

Mělo by to být univerzální, ale nepoužívá se to určitě tak často, jako české ‚nic moc‘. Znát by to měl ale i v Jižní Karolíně.

Re: Re: SO-SO.. a South Carolina :-)

wow.. to je rychlost :-) dekuji mnohokrat…

Pozdravy

Nabízím tady pár dalších kousků z vlastních výpisků a chci se zároveň zeptat, jestli něco z toho můžu sám v hovoru použít, aniž bych vypadal jako idiot:
How´s tricks?
How goes the world with thee, brother?
How are you keeping now?
How are things making?
What cheer?
Hiya?
What's new?
What's up?
How's it going?
Howzit?

Mně ty pozdravy nedaj pokoj…

Tohle je z wikipedie:

In English, some common verbal greetings are:

„Hello“ ? the most common verbal greeting in English-speaking countries.
„Hi“, and „hey“ ? less formal greetings.
„Good morning“, „Good afternoon“, „Good evening“ ? More formal verbal greetings used at the appropriate time of day. Note that the similar „Good night“ and „Good day“ are more commonly used as phrases of parting rather than greeting.
„How do you do?“, along with variations such as „Howrya“ (Ireland) and „Hiya“
„Howdy“ ? Informal greeting. Derived from „How do you do,“ it is common in the rural regions of the United States. This is also the official greeting of the Texas A&M Aggies of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
„How'sa goin'?“, „How's she cutting?“, „How's tricks?“, „What's the craic?“ ? Ireland.
„What's up?“, „Whassup“, „Sup?“, „What up doe?“, „How's it going?“, „Yo“, and „What's happenin?“ ? United States.
„Alright?“ ? England.
„Ayup“ ? Northern England.
„Fit Like Jockie?“, and „Aw'Right“ ? Scotland.
„Oioi“ Derived from punk culture, now used as a generic greeting.
„G'day“ Informal greeting. Derived from „Good day“ ? Australia

In English, there formal and informal way of saying goodbye. In day-to-day speech, people also use the foreign parting phrases. „Ciao“ for example.

„Goodbye“, „Bye“, „Bye-bye“
„See you later“, „See you“, „See ya“, „Later“ (coloquially, „Laters“)
„Cheerio“ (British English), „Cheers“
„Take it easy“, „Take care“
„Have a good one“
„Tootles“ or „Toodaloo“
„Have a nice day“
„Peace“ or „Peace out“
„Farewell“ or formally „Fare thee well“ (archaic)
„Talk to you later“
„Stay up“ or „Stay strong“ (Colloquially) [Parting phrase spoken to inspire perseverance or used as a term of consolation upon closure to a social affair.]

Z jednoho fora:

Some more colloquial terms:

How's it hangin'? (Vulgar–but used commonly by middle-schoolers all the same)
How's it goin'?
How's business? (Not meaning financial business)

Z BBC English:

Formal greetings

How do you do? is very formal and is not used very much, especially by younger people, these days. It may be used on first meeting and accompanied by a formal handshake when both partners issue the same greeting. The reply to How do you do? is How do you do? Then it would be a matter of getting straight down to the business in hand, e.g.
The more usual exchange between two people meeting with a handshake on a fairly formal basis for the first time would be: Pleased to meet you. Or: Nice to meet you.

Informal greetings

The most common way of greeting someone both at an informal level and more formally would be: Hello! How are you? to which the standard reply is: Very well, thank you. or: Fine, thank you. (Note that the question is not usually meant or interpreted as a searching enquiry after the person?s health.) After we have given this reply, we often repeat: (And) how are you? or: (And) what about you? The response is still the same: Fine, thanks.

At the most informal level, among friends and particularly among young people, the most common greeting would probably be: Hi! to which the response is: Hi! This might then be followed by one of the following: How are things?, How?s things?, How?s it going?, (Are) you OK? to which the answer is probably: Yeah, fine! or with typical British understatement: Yeah, not so bad!

Formal farewells

At a formal level, and again accompanied by a handshake, the most common farewell would probably be: (It was) nice to meet you or Nice to have met you. If a follow-up meeting has been arranged, this might be accompanied by: I?ll see you in three weeks. Bye, now.

Informal farewells

At a more informal level too, on first meeting, it would be quite normal to say: Nice to have met you. Bye/Goodbye.

Among friends, farewell might be taken (by a combination of) some of the following:

‚Bye.‘
‚Bye-bye.‘
‚See you.‘
‚See you later./tomorrow./on Saturday./etc‘
'Take care.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Karlsson pa Taket vložený před 16 lety

Pozdravy

Nabízím tady pár dalších kousků z vlastních výpisků a chci se zároveň zeptat, jestli něco z toho můžu sám v hovoru použít, aniž bych vypadal jako idiot:
How´s tricks?
How goes the world with thee, brother?
How are you keeping now?
How are things making?
What cheer?
Hiya?
What's new?
What's up?
How's it going?
Howzit?

Re: Pozdravy

Ano jistě, ale pozor na to, že jsou to výrazy hovorové, a že ne všude se používají. Pokud si nejste jistý, že se daný výraz v daném místě a společenské skupině skutečně používá, doporučoval bych zůstat raději u běžných frází.

Re: Mně ty pozdravy nedaj pokoj…

Uvědomujete si, že jste v sekci starter? Vůbec Vám nerozumím. Ale asi jste chytrej!

How are things?

Vaše stránky jsou velice super… :-) Jen se chci zeptat, jestli de dá použít How are things? Děkuji za odpověď. **

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Lukess vložený před 15 lety

How are things?

Vaše stránky jsou velice super… :-) Jen se chci zeptat, jestli de dá použít How are things? Děkuji za odpověď. **

Re: How are things?

Ano, je to velmi neformální.

Re: Mně ty pozdravy nedaj pokoj…

pěkné

Tak jsem si Vás našla. Stránky jsou super. U mne to má tu vadu, že se mi to plete s němčinou, kterou umím vcelku dobře, hlavně ty slovosledy, a když na něco mám reagovat, automaticky jde němčina. Zbavím se toho?

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.