Help for English

Britská a americká angličtina: Gramatika

Komentáře k článku: Britská a americká angličtina: Gramatika

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Marek Vít vložený před 12 lety

Thanks!

As for TOWARDS, it says just below the heading ‘předložky’ (prepositions) that in the case of prepositions, you can usually use both versions in the US. It means that in the US you usually use both, in the UK it's usually just the one. But of course, the line between British and American is getting thinner every day and you no longer can say that this is PURELY British (no one in the US uses it) and this is purely American (no one in the UK uses it).

You may be right about OF. Personally I never heard anyone say that… I'll chnage it to A QUARTER OF ONE…

But of course, the line between British and American is getting thinner every day and you no longer can say that this is PURELY British (no one in the US uses it) and this is purely American (no one in the UK uses it).

You are absolutely correct on that one Marek. Again, my compliments to your amazing English knowledge and ability to answer hundreds of questions every day. I don't know how you do it:-)

Sorry, my compliments “on”, not “to”. I hate it when I do that!

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od SusanH vložený před 12 lety

But of course, the line between British and American is getting thinner every day and you no longer can say that this is PURELY British (no one in the US uses it) and this is purely American (no one in the UK uses it).

You are absolutely correct on that one Marek. Again, my compliments to your amazing English knowledge and ability to answer hundreds of questions every day. I don't know how you do it:-)

Thanks! :-)

Zdravím, ta verze pro AmE s předpřít. časem je v Americe brána jako přijatelná i ve formální mluvě? Nebo je to spíše neformální věc a ve formálních věcech i v AmE raději použít předpřít.

Děkuji pěkně

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od mettax vložený před 10 lety

Zdravím, ta verze pro AmE s předpřít. časem je v Americe brána jako přijatelná i ve formální mluvě? Nebo je to spíše neformální věc a ve formálních věcech i v AmE raději použít předpřít.

Děkuji pěkně

ANo, i ve formální angličtině.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.